What are your LOWEST calorie snacks?

tretan
tretan Posts: 9 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I used to have a giant snacking tendency at night time before I started my diet/lifestyle change. But of course I find it impossible to go a full 180 and not snack; I still get those urges! But through my experience with healthy foods I've found a variety of low calorie snacks that I love and would love to share with you guys(:

1. Dill pickles (snack size) - these are literally 0 calories per pickle
2. Seaweed strips - 15 calories per pack
3. Skinnypop popcorn - 39 calories per cup
4. Original cheerios - 50 calories for half a cup, and can actually be quite satiating if you eat them one by one (I found out that this is the only cereal I can snack on because the others give me a sugar "rush" and cause me to binge all the time)
5. And of course, raw veggies and fruits(:

What other low calorie snacks do you guys enjoy?

PS. I am in need of low calorie protein/granola/snack bar suggestions :c I know that the ones that are 200+ cal are packed with protein but they just dont fit with the rest of my calorie intake at the moment. Is there any bar that's 100cal or less at a reasonable size? The only one I know of right now is the Fiber One Cinnamon Coffee Cake, which is pretty good but also very sweet

Replies

• abby2570
    abby2570 Posts: 5 Member
    Greek yogurt with or without fruit, also, with or without a little bit of granola.
    celery with a Tbls. of peanut butter
    Believe it or not, sometimes a cup of herbal or chia tea satisfies my need for a snack.
    Protein smoothie
    Popcorn with olive oil, salt and pepper
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    Air popped popcorn.
    Puffed wheat.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Triple zero oikos Greek yogurt.

Greek vanilla yogurt with a tablespoon peanut butter creamy, 1 tsp honey mixed and it's so good with celery. About 85 calories per serving
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Sugar free fudge pop or Popsicle when I need something sweet.
    Cucumber slices with some light Italian dressing.
    Snack size beef jerky.
    Individual Greek yogurt (110 calories).
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    cucumbers and peppers are my go to's for a low cal snack...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Nearly naked popcorn (costco)
    grape tomatoes and arugula/rocket
    pickles
    sugar free jello or popsicles for sweets.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sunflower seeds. Not terribly low calorie but tt takes forever to eat the 180 calorie serving.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Luna bars come in around 140 for a bar. I used to eat them often. I also like fiber one - most come in between 90 and 150. Brownies, granola, the works.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Fiber One Coconut Almond come in at 140, and are like candy, So good!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

I personally find it challenging to moderate Fiber one bars, or the rest of the day after eating a fiber one bar. Too much like candy for my old habity- brain I guess.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Greek yogurt with dried fruit or chia seeds, Teddy Grahams, Fiber One brownies, 100 cal bags of salt and pepper pistachios with a stick of string cheese, an apple or a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter, a serving of Triscuits and a serving of full fat cottage cheese.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Yves vegetarian hotdogs (45 calories each)
    String Cheese (80 calories)
    Quaker Corn Squares Cereal (110 calories for 30 grams and gives me 30% of my iron RDA. It's sweet, but not sugary. Probably about 60% of Golden Grahams.)
    I make a sort of 'stuffing recipe that doesn't get stuffed into anything' out of crackers, carrots, celery, onion, oil, and spices. The recipe makes two loaves which I bake and then slice each loaf into 12 pieces. Each slice is about 65 calories and I don't mind eating it cold.
    Cucumber salad
  • Nussbary
    Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
    tretan wrote: »
    I used to have a giant snacking tendency at night time before I started my diet/lifestyle change. But of course I find it impossible to go a full 180 and not snack; I still get those urges! But through my experience with healthy foods I've found a variety of low calorie snacks that I love and would love to share with you guys(:

4. Original cheerios - 50 calories for half a cup, and can actually be quite satiating if you eat them one by one (I found out that this is the only cereal I can snack on because the others give me a sugar "rush" and cause me to binge all the time)

PS. I am in need of low calorie protein/granola/snack bar suggestions :c I know that the ones that are 200+ cal are packed with protein but they just dont fit with the rest of my calorie intake at the moment. Is there any bar that's 100cal or less at a reasonable size? The only one I know of right now is the Fiber One Cinnamon Coffee Cake, which is pretty good but also very sweet

Make yourself Protein Balls, or your own protein/granola bars. if you make them yourself you know what is in them, they taste great! Rice cake and sliced avacado is fun. But for me to fight these urges and hungry-ness I canned the traditional 'snacking' approach. Eat every three hours, and only eat enough calories to be hungry right at the tree hours. It will take some practice. I have seen great results from eating 5-6 full meals at ~350 calories and I am never wanting a snack anymore.
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    2 cucumbers. Yummy. Nothing more is needed.
  • tretan
    tretan Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks all for the amazing suggestions(: I will especially look into the Yves veggie dogs, different cucumber recipes, homemade protein balls, and the greek yogurt!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    I'm currently trying to remind myself that I have a tree full of grapefruits that need eating. Cos, y'know, it's not like I can see it from my living room window, or generally walk past it every day...anyway, stupidly low cal. Also generally have no added sugar (and not in juice) tinned peaches in the cupboard, less than 100 cals for a 400g tin.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    tretan wrote: »

Costco has the 100 cal bars in chocolate chip flavor. I put em in my desk.
  • ironmelanie
    ironmelanie Posts: 4 Member
    I like jerky and beef sticks. Around 70 calories each.
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sugarfee Jello 10 cals. Sugarfree chocolate pudding 60 cals. Wildberry or Peachmango applesauce 70 cals. CaramelCorn Ricecake 50 cals, with a thin layer of peanut butter 1tbls 95 cals. Some of my faves. I also have the fiber one cinammon coffee bar, I love 90 cals. Ooh plus Watermelon. All day everyday.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member

I personally find it challenging to moderate Fiber one bars, or the rest of the day after eating a fiber one bar. Too much like candy for my old habity- brain I guess.

Ditto