Trackers

Options
Which is better fit bit or health app on my apple phone?

Replies

• IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk offered here at MFP for tracking steps, route, distance, and calories burned. I like it much better and think it's way more accurate than the health app built into the phone. (I have an iPhone).
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit but have decided to get the new Apple Watch ⌚️ and give that a try.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    there are tons of trackers with tons of pros and cons.

The questions you need to be asking yourself are
    -what is your budget?
    -what do you want to track, just all day activity, or do you want all day HR monitoring, stair counts, sleep monitoring? is tracking a specific type of workout needed?
    - do you carry your phone all the time, do you like or hate wearing a watch, do you want something pretty or don't care?
    - do you want it to integrate with MFP or other apps?

I have never used a smartphone activity tracking app, but it wouldn't work well for me since I don't take my phone everywhere and don't want to take my phone everywhere. I had a fitbit one for many years and was quite happy with it. Since I run I also had a gps watch for when I was running, I much prefer a watch over a phone app when running because its smaller and much easier to check my progress as I am going. I recently upgraded to a new gps watch since they have improved alot in capability over the past couple years, and now they have also integrated technologies so most gps watches can also track daily activity. I went ahead and retired my fitbit since my new garmin covers all the same bases, no point in keeping up with 2 gadgets if I don't have to.