What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    @ek0513 Nice fish in your picture.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    Pulled out my sewing machine, searched online for how to alter bras, and successfully downsized my bra bands on two bras and one sports bra by two inches each. Not that difficult, the fit is great, and I saved the money I thought I'd have to spend on new ones.

@DebLaBounty which website did you go with for directions on resizing bras? I've looked at some but some seem to have contrary information. I'd love to know one with a success story.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    Pulled out my sewing machine, searched online for how to alter bras, and successfully downsized my bra bands on two bras and one sports bra by two inches each. Not that difficult, the fit is great, and I saved the money I thought I'd have to spend on new ones.

@DebLaBounty which website did you go with for directions on resizing bras? I've looked at some but some seem to have contrary information. I'd love to know one with a success story.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    @aerochic42 I used this to shorten the bra band: http://hourglassy.com/2011/08/leahs-second-column-shrinking-a-bra-band/

I used her method for how to fold the band, but did not do any hand sewing. Instead, I just used a zig zag stitch on my machine and voila! A better fitting bra in 10 minutes!

But that's assuming the cups are still okay, right?
  • nlwrfa
    nlwrfa Posts: 118 Member
    edited September 2017
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!