Replies

• pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    @vegmebuff - What's your recipe?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    pielattes1 wrote: »
    @vegmebuff - What's your recipe?

One pot meal...I just add all the veg at the very last minute while the base comes up to a boil for only seconds to heat them

DINNER: 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Steamed - Cauliflower, 50 gram
    12 2 0 1 1 1
    Jfc - Shirataki (White Yam Noodle) 453 Gram Pkg., 35 grams
    0 1 0 0 0 0
    Simply Organic - Ground Cinnamon, 0.3 tsp
    2 1 0 0 0 0
    Spices, onion powder, 0.1 tsp(s)
    1 0 0 0 0 0
    Pc Black Label - Smoked Paprika, 0.8 g (1/4 tbsp)
    1 0 0 0 0 0
    Ziyad - Sumac, 0.1 teaspoon
    1 0 0 0 0 0
    Spices - Curry powder, 0.1 tsp
    1 0 0 0 0 0
    Organic Ginger - Organic Ginger, 0.1 tsp
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    Simply Organic - Organic Ground Cumin, 0.6 tsp
    5 1 0 0 0 0
    Lemon juice - Raw, 1 tbsp(s)
    4 1 0 0 0 0

Pc - Hot Salsa, 15 ml
    5 1 0 0 0 1
    Garlic - Raw, 1 clove
    4 1 0 0 0 0
    Howa - Dried Seaweed (Sushi Nori), 0.5 sheet (2.5g)
    3 1 0 1 1 0
    Generic - Fresh Grated Ginger, 5 gram
    4 0 0 0 0 0
    Usda - Onion (Red), Raw (11282), 14 g
    6 1 0 0 0 1
    Heinz - Vinegar, Apple Cider, 15 mL
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    Organic Bulk - Green Kale, 30 g
    15 3 0 1 1 0
    Celestial Seasonings - Bengal Spice Herbal Tea, 1 bag
    0 0 0 0 0 0
    Daikon Radish - Raw - Nutritiondata.com, 76 g
    14 3 0 1 2 2
    Nando's - Hot Sauce, 0.3 tsp(s)
    1 0 0 0 0 0
    Brocolli - Brocolli, 24 gr
    6 1 0 0 1 0
    (Calories/ Carbs/Fat/Protein/Fibre/Sugar:)
    92 17 0 5 6 5
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Anyone make any good recipes lately?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2017
    https://theproteinchef.co/lower-carb-bodybuilding-cookie-protein-pudding-recipe/

Just made this for breakfast tomorrow... OMG... so good.. I subbed the cottage cheese for vanilla Greek yogurt (this week was Oikos triple zero).

https://theproteinchef.co/bodybuilding-tuna-salad-recipe-healthy/

That is my go to for tuna fish... Makes enough for two servings for me.. .but others might make it three.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    https://theproteinchef.co/lower-carb-bodybuilding-cookie-protein-pudding-recipe/

Just made this for breakfast tomorrow... OMG... so good.. I subbed the cottage cheese for vanilla Greek yogurt (this week was Oikos triple zero).

https://theproteinchef.co/bodybuilding-tuna-salad-recipe-healthy/

That is my go to for tuna fish... Makes enough for two servings for me.. .but others might make it three.

That cookie protein pudding needs to get in my mouth. I'd top it with breakfast cereal and chow.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    nowine4me wrote: »
    1vlcg0rb4cv0.jpg
    Best breakfast ever. Protein fluff ice cream (combo of salted caramel and cinnamon crunch) topped with one toasted Van's protein waffle, 50g sliced banana and one tbs of Cary's sugar free maple syrup. With a strong black coffee. I'm off to work!

You're a genius adding sliced bananas. I've been big on cereal with my fluff. Now I need to add sliced bananas to make it extra awesome.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    In the future, lets post the measurements for the ingredients used in the meals and the end calories. This will show better at the low calorie and the actual volume of whats on the plate.

Yes, been curious of calories for these pictured meals.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Great idea about adding the measurements and the calorie counts- Oh how I LOVE this thread!!!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    I agree on the calorie counts too. I'm seeing all these pictures and they look good and BIG but....some of the calorie counts seem big too so doesn't that defeat the purpose? :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I agree on the calorie counts too. I'm seeing all these pictures and they look good and BIG but....some of the calorie counts seem big too so doesn't that defeat the purpose? :)

I think some of it could depend on individual calorie goals.

I usually make lunch my highest calorie meal & spend around 400-900 calories.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    glassyo wrote: »

I think some of it could depend on individual calorie goals.

I usually make lunch my highest calorie meal & spend around 400-900 calories.

Same here.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2017
    Over the past few weeks I read through this whole thread, and it's been helpful.

Just the idea of adding a handful of salad or rocket (arugula) to dinners has been incredible! It's crunchy, it's chewy, it goes with nearly everything, it fills your plate, it's mostly water! Brilliant.

Usda Generic Au 2016 - Arugula / Rocket Raw 100 Gram, 100 g 105 kj
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    So I've seen ice cream fluff take this thread by storm. Those who make it on the regular/have 'perfected' it - what is your go to or favourite?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited September 2017
    miratps wrote: »
    So I've seen ice cream fluff take this thread by storm. Those who make it on the regular/have 'perfected' it - what is your go to or favourite?

Strawberry with Hershey's lite syrup on top.

I always do mine by making "snow" out of the ice cubes and frozen strawberries first and then blending in the syrup and almond milk. Then I add the protein powder. I always get an amazing amount of volume that way.