Appetite control

Has anyone had any success with any thing that helps with controlling appetite?

Replies

• bigback2017
    bigback2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Water
    Water
    Water
    Tea
    Green tea
    Coffee. Max 3
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Eating helps :)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Coffee or tea is very helpful to me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Protein. Fiber. Fat.

If I stay away from bread, that seems to help too.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Volume eating.
  • sedj241
    sedj241 Posts: 36 Member
    When I do eat I eat foods thats rich in fiber to keep me fuller longer, I also plan these meals out for the week so they're easy to get to so that I'm not eating a bunch of simple carbs that will only make make me hungry before my next meal. I also drink coffee (black) and chew sugar free gum. Works for me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    bpaolina wrote: »

Yes. Eat. It may sound counter-intuitive, but you do need to fuel your activities and provide your body with all the essential nutrients for life.
    So, I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When I exercise, I eat more. You don't have to do it the way I do. You do have to find a way of eating that keeps you satisfied. Perhaps adjusting your macros will help. Evaluate where you are and decide where you want to go, then try it and see how it feels.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2017
    Black coffee used to help.

Since then iv fine tuned my diet to include alot of the foods that keep me full, And satisfy my cravings for lower calories. I basically eat nothing but fruits and veg and nuts now. Funny how life and tastes change when you stick to it long enough. Its a learning process. To this day i still argue against the buying of a food scale being the most important weight loss step on occasion- I think the most important step is taking the time to learn your body and what it likes. Once you take the effort to really internally search out how you feel eating different foods, Macros, Calories at different times of days, # of meals etc. You learn alot about your bodies needs and learn to gradually make changes that satisfy your body properly, which naturally leads to long term sustainable changes. Not to say a food scale isnt 100000% recommended, But for long term success and sanity as far as this thread is concerned lol.

Think in terms of how much easier it is to go out to a coffee shop and not even bat an eyelash at the dessert display after a good solid meal where your happily fed - Vs when your stomach is empty and your starving. Will power is a *kitten* to find when your hungry lol. Focus on feeding yourself well and eventually even the foods you crave will shift to beter options, So you can indulge more often :p For example, Thismorning im making Nicecream for breakfast. Using frozen bananas blended with PB2 and cinnamon and put over frozen blueberries topped with shredded coconut. 320 calories- And pretty guilt free and WAY more satiating than the DQ blizzards i used to crave on my morning walks lol

Edited to add- Water. It really is important to stay hydrated, No need to crazy over do it drinking insane amounts, But definatly be mindful of your water intake.
  • JupiterSun
    JupiterSun Posts: 1 Member
    I sip on mint green tea and fruit infused water throughout the day. Eat smaller meals and healthy snacks like almonds, guacamole, berries, etc. throughout the day.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    You'll need to do some trial and error to see what works for you. For me, it's doing things that help avoid too much snacking. For example, I need eggs or other protein/fat laden foods for breakfast and going to bed to read instead of watching TV late at night. For others, it's doing one meal a day or six small ones, depending on what works for them. I find an ounce of cheese really slakes my appetite whereas a handful of crackers just makes me hungry.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Gum helps
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I practice eating appropriately.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Coffee.

Waiting it out, sometimes.

Beyond that, habit and other behavior changes, realizing that it's not a big thing and I will be eating soon, realizing that the desire to eat is often based on habit or desire or emotion.

My mom's old question: hungry? Have some carrots and celery (or any easily available veg, or an apple, of course, but that has a few more calories). Not wanting that? Then you aren't really hungry.

And, of course, planning and food choice. If I am hungry too much eating calories that should be reasonable, play around with food choice (more protein? more fiber? for some, more fat or fewer carbs or fewer refined carbs) and timing (some find schedules like IF help with hunger, I find not snacking is my key for not wanting food outside of mealtime).
  • gocamille
    gocamille Posts: 1 Member

Drink 1/2 your body weight in water!
  • Protein. Fiber. Fat.

Ditto
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    gocamille wrote: »

Drink 1/2 your body weight in water!

That just dangerous for some people. So I should drink 115 ounces of water daily (14+ 8oz cups)? No thanks.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Protein. Fiber. Fat.

Yep, for me it is key to:

1. Focus on food that fills me up
    2. Limit foods like bread made from flour that trigger me to eat more.

Moderate activity seems to suppress my appetite a bit as well. If I get in some exercise at lunch time, I'm less likely to have the munchies in the afternoon.