Kitchen Gadgets

2»

Replies

• AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    I'll have to check some of these out for sure! Thanks for all the ideas!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    This is one I don't use very often but I dearly love it for making very lean meats tender: a 48-blade tenderizer. I just used mine this week to turn boneless loin pork chops into tender cutlets. I whacked the chops with the vicious little knives and then pounded it thin. Yummy pork schnitzel you can cut with a fork!

Here's the link to the one I have on Amazon. The newer model also comes apart for washing but mine goes through the dishwasher fine and seems to come out clean. https://www.amazon.com/Jaccard-200348-Supertendermatic-48-Blade-Tenderizer/dp/B001347JK6
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    I have a really good quality large nonstick pan. I can cook lots of veggies or chicken at one time with very little oil.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I use my tiny food processor cause it is so easy to clean, rinse blade, bowl fits easily in dishwasher. Also use my melon baller a lot, but never on melons. Take seeds out of apples, pears, butternut squash, etc.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Not on the cheap end, but I really like my vitamix, instant pot, and air frier.

There are less expensive versions of electric pressure cookers out there that work fine, but I have a gowise and an instant pot and the instant pot is much easier.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I love my tfal optigrill. . .everything cooked perfect the way i like it since i've gotten it. . even chicken breast. I use it 3 or 4 times a week. We gave our george foreman to goodwill after buying it.
  • AshEvelynn
    So many new ideas to try, I love it!
  • 1976lulu
    1976lulu Posts: 10 Member
    Slow cooker! Use mine twice a week at least
  • notquitecrazey
    notquitecrazey Posts: 6 Member
    A tiny little ice-cream-scoop-style melon baller. It's great for portion control. Also small Pyrex bowls. It's amazing how much less I eat when I combine the two. Two little scoops of ice cream or cookie dough in a little Pyrex dish feels like too much with them, when it's less than half or what I would eat without them.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    A kitchen radio is a must have. Lol
  • AshEvelynn

A kitchen radio is a must have. Lol

Nothing quite like the kitchen dance parties for sure!
  • SoulOfALion5
    Well more so talk radio for me mostly , but yea on odd occasions can't beat the 90's dance music classics.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    My stick blender. Great for soups. My food processor for mashed cauliflower and making hummus..
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    I gotta go with my George Foreman, my crock pot, my mini food processor, and my mixer.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Cast iron skillet and one of those box graters with the catch thing on the bottom. Those and my convection toaster oven are used daily at least once. Oh, and a garlic press.

41QCoOf4ceL._AC_US160_.jpg

31TBSVF6ABL._AC_US160_.jpg

oh, mini chopper

31IuOhe2ZhL._AC_US160_.jpg

• AshEvelynn
    I'm hearing so much about these instant pots and they look like a great investment...that might be next on my list...
  • SoulOfALion5
    Know what is so hard to find these days. A decent tin opener???? Really annoying!!!