Myofascial/massages/icebath/vibrashape

What do you guys use to help with reducing soreness after a hard workout? I use hydromassages and vibrashape. Looking for other options though.

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    What do you guys use to help with reducing soreness after a hard workout? I use hydromassages and vibrashape. Looking for other options though.

A hot bath with my homemade honey/lemon bath syrup.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Jacuzzi with espom salts.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Epsom salt baths, hydrating, maybe an advil, foam rolling, heating pad, stretching, moving around to keep muscles warm, beg s/o for massages.
  • MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    What is vibrashape?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Advil, foam roller, gentle yoga.
  • wonder_years2010
    wonder_years2010 Posts: 39 Member
    MsChewMe wrote: »
    What is vibrashape?
    vibrashape technology is where you stand on a platforms that has various patterns of vibration that helps with built up lactic acid in muscles.
  • earlnabby
    mmapags wrote: »

You don't strike me as the scented water kind of person but you can make really nice scent crystals with epsom salts and essential oils. Just drop some oils into the salts and shake, add more oil, and shake again. Helps if you are tired of the chlorine smell.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2017
    I keep moving. I usually walk it out.

Every morning, I start the day with a foam rolling/stretching session and that keeps me in general working order.
  • mmapags
    earlnabby wrote: »

You don't strike me as the scented water kind of person but you can make really nice scent crystals with epsom salts and essential oils. Just drop some oils into the salts and shake, add more oil, and shake again. Helps if you are tired of the chlorine smell.

Lol, well I might surprise you as I have quite the collection of essential oils! But you can't use oils in a Jacuzzi and that is the only tub we have or I would give that a try. My favorite combo is eucalyptus and lavender. Even us macho weight lifter guys can get down with a little aromatherapy (well some of us anyway). :p
  • earlnabby
    edited September 2017

Lol, well I might surprise you as I have quite the collection of essential oils! But you can't use oils in a Jacuzzi and that is the only tub we have or I would give that a try. My favorite combo is eucalyptus and lavender. Even us macho weight lifter guys can get down with a little aromatherapy (well some of us anyway). :p

The amount of essential oils needed actually does no harm the jacuzzi, especially when carried by the epsom salts. There are more oils from your skin that get into the water than are added. You definitely do not want to use something like a bath oil (or my honey/lemon bath syrup which contains Red Turkey Oil). That can gum up the machinery.
  • mmapags

The amount of essential oils needed actually does no harm the jacuzzi, especially when carried by the epsom salts. There are more oils from your skin that get into the water than are added. You definitely do not want to use something like a bath oil (or my honey/lemon bath syrup which contains Red Turkey Oil). That can gum up the machinery.

Interesting! I going to give this a try! Thank you!! :*
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Yoga, Epsom salts + essential oils in a hot bath, walking, protien and carbs.
  • GottaBurnEmAll

I am pretty scent sensitive and most aromas send me screaming, but that combination sounds delightful.

I make my own oil was for my face and scent it with lavender and have lavender oil on hand and I was thinking of whipping up some salt scrub for the winter to use in the shower for after runs (I'm not a bath person, but I love me a good hot shower), and adding eucalyptus to that sounds delightful.
  • mmapags

I am pretty scent sensitive and most aromas send me screaming, but that combination sounds delightful.

I make my own oil was for my face and scent it with lavender and have lavender oil on hand and I was thinking of whipping up some salt scrub for the winter to use in the shower for after runs (I'm not a bath person, but I love me a good hot shower), and adding eucalyptus to that sounds delightful.

Yup, the eucalyptus is clarifying for the respiratory system and the lavender is relaxing. Quite nice. In the cooler months when the windows aren't open, I have this is a bed side diffuser.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Um. Swearing, moaning and getting another workout in not targeting the sore muscles. I only have a shower otherwise baths would also figure in my rudimentary methods.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Nothing. I make sure I stay on point with my diet, get enough sleep, and let nature take its course.
  • earlnabby

Remind me to give you my recipe for shower tablets. They are basically like bath bombs but you put them in the shower and the water slowly dissolves them, releasing the scent. Menthol/eucalyptus works really well when stopped up from a cold or allergies. lavender/eucalyptus would be really nice too.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member

I personally love lavender, patchouli and ylang-ylang blend. :) I use this blend in my night cream.

A lavender salt scrub sounds really nice!

What's in your oil wash/how do you make it? @GottaBurnEmAll?
  • earlnabby

I personally love lavender, patchouli and ylang-ylang blend. :) I use this blend in my night cream.

I am curious to see your recipe too. Mine is:
    Sunflower Oil - 76%
    Argan oil - 12%
    Castor Oil - 12%

I am older so I use less castor oil, which is cleansing but can be drying, and added Argan oil which is very friendly to aging skin.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    edited September 2017

I generally wing portions, just making sure to use very little castor oil since as earlnabby said, it's drying. And like her, I added aging friendly oils like argan and avocado. I had a different mix of lighter oils when I was younger. I found that my skin broke out more as I aged. When I started washing it with more emollient oils, the break outs stopped.

When I was younger, I didn't use the argan oil or the avocado oil. I did use the apricot and almond oils and also used jojoba oil.

I use a mix in rough proportions:

Argan oil 15%
    Avocado oil 12%
    Apricot oil 12%
    Almond oil 50%
    Castor oil 10%

I add in a few drops of lavender for scent.

Editing to add that I love oil cleansing for facial cleansing. I have struggled with problematic skin for years. It's sensitive but prone to breaking out. It wants to be dry in some places and really oily in others.

I oil cleanse in the shower, and use plain argan oil as a moisturizer. It's a simple but effective skin care regimen and people compliment me on my skin. At night, I just rinse off with a wash cloth and warm water. I do the same again in the morning before my run.