Do I have to eat the calories I burnt during workout back

My daily goal is around 1800+ I eat around 1500 and I always aim at 600 calories in my workout mfp adds to my remaining calories do I have to necessarily eat it back

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Some say yes. Some say no. With that about of deficient, I'd suggest eating back at least some of the exercis calories (or at least ensuring you're getting the recommended 1800). Eating 1500, burning 600 leave a net of 900.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    How did you calculate that goal of 1800? Where are you getting the 600?

What are your stats? Height, (assume female?), Weight, daily activity (job/school/kids), how much weight are you trying to lose?
  • menen28
    menen28 Posts: 41 Member
    Mfp tells your goal and polar kit tell me calories post workout
    How did you calculate that goal of 1800? Where are you getting the 600?

What are your stats? Height, (assume female?), Weight, daily activity (job/school/kids), how much weight are you trying to lose?

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Daily calorie goal is 1800 but you eat 1500? Yes eat all those exercise calories back.

MFP has your deficit built in at the 1800, by eating 1500 you increased your deficit, and by exercising you increased it even further..

Assuming your stats are setup correctly in MFP, MFP is designed for you eat a portion of your exercise calories back, any device you get your exercise calorie burns are not 100% accurate and are estimations only. Some eat all, some eat around 1/2.

Eating back your exercise will prove over time if you are eating back too much (by your actual your rate of loss. losing too fast, not eating enough and vs versa)
  • menen28
    menen28 Posts: 41 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Daily calorie goal is 1800 but you eat 1500? Yes eat all those exercise calories back.

MFP has your deficit built in at the 1800, by eating 1500 you increased your deficit, and by exercising you increased it even further..

Assuming your stats are setup correctly in MFP, MFP is designed for you eat a portion of your exercise calories back, any device you get your exercise calorie burns are not 100% accurate and are estimations only. Some eat all, some eat around 1/2.

Eating back your exercise will prove over time if you are eating back too much (by your actual your rate of loss. losing too fast, not eating enough and vs versa)
    Thankx

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Yes, MFP intends for you to eat all the cals it gives you plus about half your exercise cals. You are under eating by about 600 cals per day. If this continues in a few weeks you'll be posting to ask why you're so tired and can't make fitness progress. See other active threads on this topic.
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    This is a good article to read from the MFP news letter on the topic

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-should-i-eat-back-my-exercise-calories/