C25K app

eyer0ll
eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
edited September 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I know there are a million apps.

Which one is your favorite and why? And if it's not free, what features does it have that make it worth the money?

ETA iPhone only, please.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Zen labs because it works and is very straightforward. it was recommended and I didn't try any others.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    I just printed out the page from Cool Running. No need for an app.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Zen labs the voice announcements helped a ton and still let me play music too
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    The Zen C25K. The program is easy to follow and I like that I can play my music while doing it.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    I used zenlabs couch to 10k app.. which has the 5k build up for the first 8 weeks, followed by 6 weeks to build to th 10k. It was free. I liked the announcements telling me when to switch.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Zen Labs. I tried another one first (can't remember the name--sorry) and did it for 8 weeks. It was fine. It worked, but I wasn't overly thrilled with the voice cues and notifications. I thought they were a bit confusing. This time I am using Zen Labs (free version) and I really like it. Voice prompts are good, beeps are appropriate, etc.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Another vote for Zen labs.
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    A clear consensus. Any strong feelings for or against the paid version?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited September 2017
    The paid version is ad free but the ads weren't a big issue for me. You're only using it for a few months at most. You just need to try it and see if it's an issue for you.
    I couldn't get the app to sync with MFP for logging the exercise but again, not a big deal to me.