SWIMMERS! Send help

Options
AshAlvarezz
AshAlvarezz Posts: 113 Member
Certain parts of my hair are a completely different texture from the chlorine.
I use infusium & conditioner but it doesn't seem to be helping. Any products you recommend to use?

Replies

• jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I heard goats blood, rabbit liver, and chicken feathers work...but not sure the science on it. Oh wait, that's my voodoo recipe :)
  • AshAlvarezz
    AshAlvarezz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    jondspen wrote: »
    I heard goats blood, rabbit liver, and chicken feathers work...but not sure the science on it. Oh wait, that's my voodoo recipe :)
    Lmao oh my gosh

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Swim cap
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    A swim cap will help a lot. So will getting your hair wet before getting in the pool (with non-pool water, like the shower). Wetting hair then putting on a cap is even better.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Reading the OP, I just assumed you wore a swimming cap. If that is not the case, then I 2nd (5th?) the swim cap. I wear one every time I swim for exercise.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I thought swimmers shaved their heads?
    And all body hair for speed.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought this was going to be a question about the morning after pill.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Malibu Swimmers Wellness Hair Shampoo
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought this was going to be a question about the morning after pill.

:D
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I barely ever use a cap. As above wet your hair with warm water before you go into pool.
    I use this shampoo, then use leave in conditioner and plait my hair. Seems to work.
    1a01uyqe6ka3.jpg
    There are lots of anti-chlorine products out there if you don't want to wear a cap or if just the cap isn't protecting it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I've been swimming for over 20 yrs and have very fine hair. Years ago a friend of mine told me my hair was so dry and she was right--it was like straw. So I started putting on a reconditioner (thick and pastey) under my silicone swim cap. It slid all over, so I now put on an old cloth swim cap first and then the silicone cap over it. It works. I had short hair then, because it was ruined. Now I have longer than shoulder length and it's soft and silky. I swim 3-4 times a week. My hairdresser complemented my hair and its condition a couple of months ago. After swimming I shampoo and condition normally and then when drying add a linseed oil which goes on oily, but dries shiny and soft.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Shower before getting into the pool--if your hair is wet with the (less chlorinated) tap water, it is less likely to take up chlorine. Wear a swim cap. Use a swim-specific shampoo and conditioner--swimoutlet.com sells Malibu Swimmers and other brands.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Try cycling instead
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Rub coconut oil in your hair after you swim.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @cee134 wrote: »
    Rub coconut oil in your hair after you swim.

4bb90605665da41cbf1486e34d8cac31--maids-the-old.jpg