Loneliness and weight loss.

If you're reading this and are married, how old were you when you got married?? I'm 27 and still single, and often wonder if marriage will happen for me. That loneliness causes me to binge eat for comfort sometimes. Can anyone relate??

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Im 28 and just got married. You're still young! There's no reason to freak about not being married yet.
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 Posts: 360 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Im 28 and just got married. You're still young! There's no reason to freak about not being married yet.

Congratulations on getting married! Definitely gives me some hope :)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    I'm 24 and not married. Have been with SO for 3.5 years, and don't expect to get a ring before I'm 28.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I was 21. It has worked well for us. HOWEVER, that is far from the norm/average these days. Most people I know are getting married in their later 20s and early 30s and I certainly know people who have gotten married later than that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I was 29 when I got married
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    I'm 34 and engaged.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    There is no time frame on marriage... I married young 23 had my first son at 25 and divorced at 27... Take your time, be selective. Learn to be happy and enjoy life on your own, being married or with someone doesn't necessarily mean that you will be happy in life. Never leave your happiness in the hands of others. I remarried at 33 and have been happily married now for 15 years. My husband and I had our third child at 36 years old. There is no time table when it comes to building a life with someone. And you certainly do not want to settle just because you feel like the clock is ticking.

I too am an emotional eater, I had to work very hard on changing that pattern. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can do it :p Focus on you this way when the right one comes along, you will be ready and live happily ever after. <3
  • miolmimi
    miolmimi Posts: 58 Member
    The happiest people I know never got married. Including my boyfriend.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    miolmimi wrote: »
    The happiest people I know never got married. Including my boyfriend.

Haha truth :D:D:D
  • Fitkam90
    Sadly many people find out you aren't only lonely when you are alone.

This is very true
  • Fitkam90
    Fitkam90 wrote: »
    If you're reading this and are married, how old were you when you got married?? I'm 27 and still single, and often wonder if marriage will happen for me. That loneliness causes me to binge eat for comfort sometimes. Can anyone relate??

You are so young. I do not say that in a condescending way. I am 43 and never married. I cannot relate to eating for comfort but when I experience lonliness, which is more often when I am amongest people, I go do what makes me happy. What is your focus in life apart from marriage? What are you passionate about or have always dreamed of doing? Refocus. Life has so much to offer.

Thank you for the advice. I am definitely trying to figure out what I enjoy doing. I don't have many hobbies, other than going to the gym lol