Sober September 2017

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Question... how much weight will I gain from drinking this Saturday? Just so when I step on the scale I'm not freaked out and pissed off. Now I only "plan" to go over my daily deficit of about 500 calories but plan on running that morning so I should get 500 cal from that so basically I'm breaking even.... but this beer will be a lot of water weight gain I'm assuming. So basically staying within calorie deficit but it's including my exercise calories...

Hard to say! Just hydrate with H20 and get back on track as soon as you can.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I have a junk food hangover this morning. The couple of beers last night were fine. But when I was walking home from the bar, I stopped for Cheetos and chocolate. I should have skipped meeting up for drinks, stopped for a good dinner out, and gone to bed at 9.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Met up with two friends last night and ended up having two glasses of wine. I hadn't planned to. It derailed my eating for the rest of the night. Wish I hadn't done it but it's done.

Counted the calories and am planning to abstain for the rest of the month and continue my once every two weeks in October.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Question... how much weight will I gain from drinking this Saturday? Just so when I step on the scale I'm not freaked out and pissed off. Now I only "plan" to go over my daily deficit of about 500 calories but plan on running that morning so I should get 500 cal from that so basically I'm breaking even.... but this beer will be a lot of water weight gain I'm assuming. So basically staying within calorie deficit but it's including my exercise calories...

Honestly I often am dehydrated after drinking so I weigh less the day after. I don't drink beer so maybe that is different though.
  • trishfit2014
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I went out on the date and had two glasses of wine. The guy was a no go. I should have stuck to the one glass. Oh well. I may give up dating again.

Just curious - do you think the right date would be bothered if you don't drink? Other posters have implied that drinking in some social contexts is so expected that they would feel some pressure to drink or at least to pretend to drink.

Not really but I guess it makes me more relaxed. I am not good at first dates. I had the second as I was feeling anxious. Should have just called it a night.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    When I would drink, I would end up drinking a whole bottle of wine, and then eating a whole bunch of food afterwards :) I mean what goes better with a bottle of wine than a large pizza, right? Not good for trying to lose weight. Of course, when I went out, I only have 2 or 3 glasses, but I would still go over on my calories.

Chocolate with wine for me. With Strawberries, and 2 bottles sometimes.
    Switching the drink choice for me helps. Vodka, Soda, lime juice is low in calories, so I will not go way over. And there are not a lot of foods that it goes with.
  • trishfit2014
    so I had three glasses of wine last night...they were stingy pours so probably the same as the two I had on wednesday. My stomach is a mess today and feeling dehydrated. Back on the no drinking. I feel crappy. My weight also bumped up even though I stayed within my calories.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Np.. I only get alcohol on my birthday and my brother drinks 3/4ths of it. I've got this! :smirk:
  • PurpleLavender77
    so I had three glasses of wine last night...they were stingy pours so probably the same as the two I had on wednesday. My stomach is a mess today and feeling dehydrated. Back on the no drinking. I feel crappy. My weight also bumped up even though I stayed within my calories.

Hang in there!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Is anyone else noticing better skin as a result of this? I think I look less weathered.
  • PurpleLavender77
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Is anyone else noticing better skin as a result of this? I think I look less weathered.

yes, definitely improvement in skin!
  • PurpleLavender77
    We are days away from the end of September people! Keep up the good work!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    I've been tracking my drinking for the past four years. And yesterday marked 60 days for me alcohol free. My records had been 55 days previously and 59 days. I had a few stints of 30 days in there as well. Previously, I would have had a goal in mind, and then would have gone out on day 60 or 61 and had my bottle of wine....but this time it's different. I'm not itching to go out and buy wine.
    Well done! Losing that "itch" is really something.

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    theclaw900 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a difficult day. One of my big triggers is tinkering in the garage. We moved this summer and I was building some racks to hang the rakes, shovels and other garden things. Cravings got really strong around 4pm. I had a good excuse to drive to the liquor store because I had to go to the Home Depot for screws. I actually sat in the car for a few minutes then decided to go to the gym instead to break the crave.

It worked. On to the the next day.

Awesome job! And here you are right and early on a beautiful Sunday morning feeling great! I'd say that you are set to have a great day and even better week!