• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Today's raw OMAD, eaten around 7:15 PM:

yea6frbntxe3.jpg

Dehydrated flax crackers with guacamole and sunflower seed pate
    A young coconut
    Not pictured: glass of red

I didn't eat much of the pate, but I finished everything else.

Oddly, I was not hungry at all today until right after 6. Unlike many other raw vegans, I actually am eating high fat foods because I know I thrive on fat, so I am wondering if that has done something to impact hunger/cravings.
    I don't have the event tomorrow anymore, so I am planning on putting together some raw spaghetti and meatballs for tomorrow's OMAD.

Looks so goooooood!!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Thanks, Steph! It WAS. I absolutely LOVE coconut, so I was so happy they finally went on sale :)

In other news, I need to figure out how to make these pictures smaller!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Your food looks so good and I'm sure the fat is helping keep you full longer. I tried raw vegan for 3 1/2 months one time. I ate my three meals a day. I only lost 3 1/2 pounds during that time and I happened to tell my doc. That's when he said I was probably insulin resistant ( glucose stuck around too long and kept me from losing weight even though I ate just fruit and vegetables).. I looked into it and that's when I found OMAD. I would like to get back to eating that way again only OMAD this time. Here's a look at my frig during that time lol.tuj2akja0z6u.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I think eating raw is great but I've also read that some foods need to be cooked to be digestible. Have you all read that?
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I read that some veggies like broccoli have a higher degree of nutrition when cooked.
  • brittdee88
    @katjustkat your fridge looked great! I did it for a month in April and absolutely loved it and have been wanting to get back to it ever since. I didn't struggle at all with losing weight then and I'm not so far this time either, but maybe that's because of the fat and the fact that I wasn't eating a whole bunch of fruit. I really only stopped because it wasn't affordable, but OMAD is helping with that, and I am going to have a couple cooked food days per week to keep costs down as well.

@blambo61 @tlblanksfit yes, that is definitely true, but it just so happens that most of the fruits/veggies that should be cooked for optimal nutrition are ones I don't really like eating raw anyway (with the exception of carrots and tomatoes, which I eat both raw and cooked).
  • brittdee88
    SUPER excited to report today's weigh-in! I looked back at my posts and realized that I didn't come into this thread to update with my accurate weight on Monday.
    My scale was giving me all kinds of strange numbers on Monday morning, so I went ahead and recalibrated it and found that last Friday's weigh-in of 156.8 was wildly inaccurate. I came in at 159.2 on Monday after recalibration, which honestly made more sense to me. I am someone who can easily gain 10 pounds in a week when I am stressed and stress eating, so the fact that I had only gained 3 in evacuation was very confusing to me. This solved the mystery.
    In any case, I am back down to 154.4 today after 3 days of raw vegan OMAD, and I will be starting my challenge thread shortly!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Great recovery Britt, you are doing great!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Amazing work darling!!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, ladies!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You are doing great!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, Brenda! I'm hoping to join your maintenance ranks in the next few months!
  • brittdee88
    Been feeling a bit of hunger today, but I think that's because I got up very early today and have been active ever since. My fiancé just baked some cinnamon rolls because he absolutely hates me. Waiting (anxiously!) on 6:00 for the raw sushi I am going to put together. I think I will do some meal prep for next week to pass some time.
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks, Brenda :) ! I'm hoping to join your maintenance ranks in the next few months!

How exciting!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Been feeling a bit of hunger today, but I think that's because I got up very early today and have been active ever since. My fiancé just baked some cinnamon rolls because he absolutely hates me. Waiting (anxiously!) on 6:00 for the raw sushi I am going to put together. I think I will do some meal prep for next week to pass some time.

Oh that's just mean :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    Forget the cinnamon rolls, I'll take ALL THE SUSHI - LITERALLY ALL OF IT <3
  • brittdee88
    SO MEAN!!!
    But honestly, it was mostly just the smell. Once that dissipated, I didn't really think much of it, and I am definitely looking forward to the sushi more!
    This day seems as though it is draaaaaaaagging on. Having some sparkling water now to appease the tummy and thinking about what I will be having for dessert. Maybe some chocolate banana nice cream... yummmmm!
  • Brendalea69
    Forget the cinnamon rolls, I'll take ALL THE SUSHI - LITERALLY ALL OF IT <3

And I'll take the cinnamon rolls :p
  • Brendalea69
    SO MEAN!!!
    But honestly, it was mostly just the smell. Once that dissipated, I didn't really think much of it, and I am definitely looking forward to the sushi more!
    This day seems as though it is draaaaaaaagging on. Having some sparkling water now to appease the tummy and thinking about what I will be having for dessert. Maybe some chocolate banana nice cream... yummmmm!

Oh yummy, do you make your own?
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD, eaten around 5:55PM:

9zher1eazh1h.jpg

Man, oh man. This one was ugly but it sure was goooooood. In my mind, using cucumber slices in place of nori (because the raw kind was $16 a pack!) made a lot of sense. I absolutely love traditional cucumber rolls, and I figured if I sliced them thin enough, I could roll them up.
    Well... my mandolin didn't do too good of a job making them super thin, and then I realized that we are all out of toothpicks to hold them together. I was pretty distraught because I planned out things perfectly and had no other readily available raw food besides just plain fruits and veggies.
    Thankfully, this turned out to be DELICIOUS and perfectly scratched my sushi itch.

Cucumber slices (about 2/3 of a cucumber) smeared with sunflower pate mixed with spirulina and topped with grated carrots that were marinated in vinegar and ginger
    Yesterday's leftover coconut meat that I dehydrated and ended up adding to my "rolls" for a tempura feel
    Pineapple
    Sundried apricots
    Not pictured: handful of sunflower seeds and a glass of red

I didn't have as much fat with this meal because my avocado wasn't ripe enough to add (so sad), so I filled the gap with fruit. I don't know if that will result in a gain or not, but I definitely needed the calories!