DEPRESSION AND EATING

DOES ANYONE DO THIS.
OK LETS SAY UR DEPRESSED DO U EAT OR NOT EAT?
WHEN I GET DEPRESSED I STOP EATING. FOR DAYS SOMETIMES.
BUT I HAVENT BEEN DEPRESSED IN A WHILE SO THATS GOOD. I WAS WONDERING IF THERES ANYONE ELSE THAT DOES THIS TOO:yawn:

Replies

• WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    DOES ANYONE DO THIS.
    OK LETS SAY UR DEPRESSED DO U EAT OR NOT EAT?
    WHEN I GET DEPRESSED I STOP EATING. FOR DAYS SOMETIMES.
    BUT I HAVENT BEEN DEPRESSED IN A WHILE SO THATS GOOD. I WAS WONDERING IF THERES ANYONE ELSE THAT DOES THIS TOO:yawn:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    I actually do that. When I am upset I have to force myself to actually eat but honestly I have no taste for it and ending up not even eating it all the way. So you are not alone :blushing: .
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Im the opposite..I use food to comfort me..
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    i had a MAJOR heart :brokenheart: a few years ago. i ended up loosing a ton of weight and i really didnt have that much to loose. i was anxious, all i wanted was water. as sooon as i would finish a glass i was parched! i could only eat stuff like ramen noodles. but i think the main part of my weight loss back then was mental - meaning i had myself so worked up my metabolism was probably working over time. plus not eating and crying - ugh.

SOOOOOO GLLLAAAADDDD that is long over with! i'd rather be pudgy any day then go thru that again. as a matter of fact, i dont think i could ever get that low again - im damaged enough to move past it and not get back into something like that. sad really.

normal depression stuff - not so much.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    When I get stressed I eat.
    When I get depressed I lose my appetite usually.
    When I get pissed off... I lose my appetite.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    I eat for comfort, usually after being stressed.
    I lose my appetite when depression hits - its real hard to force myself to eat when depression hits
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    I eat until I feel ill when I'm upset sometimes I still continue after that. I think it has something to do with the fact that I used to cut. I don't know for sure though.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I eat until I feel ill when I'm upset sometimes I still continue after that. I think it has something to do with the fact that I used to cut. I don't know for sure though.

Cut? Is it what I'm thinking? When I'm depressed and down I tend to eat. When I'm anxious, I don't. If it's something that I've been crying about, I just drink water.:ohwell:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    yeah I used to cut myself...if thats what you were thinking. But I stopped.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Thank God, and yes that's what I thought. I'm glad you've pulled together. We've ALL got aweful days and gone through some rough stuff, but there's other ways you can get help... We're always here to talk and support you, even if it's not about food and fitness.:flowerforyou: :heart: