Stuck on a certain weight

I can't get out of the 170's I set my calories at 1600 should I drop them ?

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    If you've been stuck for 4-6 weeks, sure. If not, wait 4-6 weeks.
  • sdpatterson1234
    sdpatterson1234 Posts: 21 Member
    Yes it's been longer than 6 weeks
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    How's your logging? Are you using a food scale for ALL solids? Measuring cups/spoons for ALL liquids? Using the recipe builder? Using accurate entries? Being conservative with exercise calories? Logging everything that passes your lips? If your logging is not 100% - start there. If your logging is completely accurate then drop your calories.
  • sdpatterson1234
    Sometimes I use the scale but not always and something's I don't log
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I don't lose on 1600. Maybe drop it to 1500 for the same length of time and see if it helps. They is the easy answer without knowing all your stats and goals.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    If it has calories, weigh it and log it 100% of the time.
  • sdpatterson1234
    I get discouraged if I weigh once a week and the number don't change when I started my fitness pal I lost 30 pounds and over a year I gained 15 back my weakness is sugar if I don't eat some kind of sugar everyday then when I do get some I can't stop eating it
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Well let's start with the question-- what do you mean you can't get out of the 170s?! You said it's been more that 6 weeks- but are we discussing 176, 175,174, 175, 173.. or are we discussing "I've been stuck at 171 for 6 weeks"... Bc that's different.

I ask bc I feel like I get stuck at each 10 pounds. In all actuality, it's simply bc after I get about 2-3 pounds away, I just don't want to wait the last 2-3 weeks...
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2017
    I get discouraged if I weigh once a week and the number don't change when I started my fitness pal I lost 30 pounds and over a year I gained 15 back my weakness is sugar if I don't eat some kind of sugar everyday then when I do get some I can't stop eating it

Well, it sounds like you definitely should eat some sugar every day - thankfully, some kind of sugar is in almost everything except meat and some vegetables. :smiley: I'd say you need to set yourself a sustainable goal and tighten up your logging. Or don't tighten up your logging if you don't want to, but definitely do eat less.
  • sdpatterson1234
    When I weigh it's usually 172 or 171
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    If you're staying the same for 6 weeks then you're eating at maintenance. Weigh all your food. You're eating more than you think.
  • mtabor80
    mtabor80 Posts: 20 Member
    Perhaps instead of restricting any further calories eating, perhaps increase your activity level to create the surplus? Add some cardio or resistance training to your diet to create a deficit. Does not have to be earth shattering either. Just a suggestion.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sometimes I use the scale but not always and something's I don't log

Well then you're probably eating a lot more than you think you are. So you can either drop your calories to account for the calories you're not counting but you're actually eating or you can log accurately. Otherwise you're going to just be stuck where you are unfortunately.

This. Absolutely.

Weigh all solid and semi solid food, and use cups/spoons for liquids only.

Accurate logging (weighing food, choosing correct entries, logging everything you eat) would be ideal if you want to see a desirable movement on the scale.

If you just decrease your calories, you may be in the same position a few months down the track if your logging isn't up to par.