300 Calorie Lunch Ideas

Hi Everyone,

I am having a really hard time finding a dependable lunch that I can eat on most days. Something around 300 calories. Does anyone have any meals they enjoy around that number?

Thanks!

Replies

• Cjmi427
    Cjmi427 Posts: 26 Member
    Peanut butter spread thinly on low cal bread or rice cakes and half a banana

Hummus with veggies and pita

Greek yogurt, berries, and a few T of nuts.

Tofu Buddha bowl: brown rice, sautéed tofu and veggies (use beans if you don't like tofu) ginger paste, and soy sauce.

Just adjust the amount of the ingredients to meet your calorie goal.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Do you have access to a microwave? Some lean cuisines are in that range.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Grated carrot and red cabbage salad with some chicken breast and olive oil.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I sometimes pack a cup of Ramen. Those are usually 290 kcal.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Veggie steamer bags are often less (150-200) and then I'll add seasoning (no oil) and cut up a fake chicken veggie burger on top. I change up the veggies or spices to add variety. Spices I often add: basil, garlic, rosemary. Sometimes lemon juice or A1 steak sauce.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    I usually have a can of either Campbells or Progresso soup for lunch. Filling and around the range you're looking for. Not great if you're watching sodium, but it works for me.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2017
    1 piece of wheat bread (90 calories), 4 ounces of deli chicken or turkey (120 calories), and 1 ounce of cheese (100 calories). Top with all of the veggies, mustard, hot pepper spread, and dill pickles you can handle.

310 calories and quite a filling lunch. Fewer calories if you use a lighter calorie bread than I do.

Alternatively, one whole wheat english muffin (160 calories), 1/2 ounce of cheese (50 calories), one piece of Canadian bacon (20 calories), and one poached egg (70 calories). 300 calories of McMuffin goodness.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    rugare wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I am having a really hard time finding a dependable lunch that I can eat on most days. Something around 300 calories. Does anyone have any meals they enjoy around that number?

Thanks!

Usually soup. I'm lazy, and can make 4-5 kg of soup to microwave later with little effort.
    or 1/2 Clif Bar + 1/2 peanut butter packet
    or 1/2 Clif Bar + Yogurt
    or some other combo with hard boiled eggs/cottage cheese
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I had 300 calorie lunches a lot when I was losing weight because I liked to save a lot of calories for dinner.

Here were some of mine: broth with shredded cabbage and some kind of protein mixed in, cucumber noodles with PB2 peanut sauce, veggies, and protein, a sandwich thin with peanut butter or hummus and vegetables.
  • luckywizard
    luckywizard Posts: 71 Member
    Another idea is open face Wasa crispbread sandwiches. I like to do sliced hardboiled egg, a slice of ham on each, avocado, tomato and smear of butter. Even 2 of them is really filling.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I bring my lunch and just cook five days worth of whatever I want in Sunday for the week. This week it was chicken thigh, bell peppers and onions all cooked on the same pan with just a small bit of olive oil. Delicious and low calorie.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Many of the Healthy Choice Steamers are under 300 calories. I'm enjoying the Turkey, Sweet Potato one with cranberrries and green beans. But there are many others so you can get quite a bit of variety.

• Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    One cup of low-fat cottage cheese and a cup of Del Monte "skinny fruits" canned fruit with juice.
  • csneely
    csneely Posts: 3 Member
    I love the Sunkist tuna packs. The ranch one is only 90 calories and with salad or veggies you can be full and way under 300.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    I like to have a piece of protein and a salad of some kind with lots of low calorie vegetables and some dressing. Today I had a Tyson chicken strip and coleslaw with cabbage, celery, carrots, a sprinkling of cranberries which added up to 344. I used regular mayo, vinegar, horseradish and a drop of Stevia for a dressing, but low fat mayo would make it lower. Typically I try to avoid carbs at lunch so I can enjoy some at dinner. I also like brocolli salad, cucumber with red onions, Waldorf, and Mandarin orange with celery.
  • shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    I’ve been having a boiled egg, an apple, and 6 Triscuit crackers which is in the 300 area, I think.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    I also like the lemon and pepper cod filets that Costco sells and they are only 150 cals, quick to fix, and go great with a salad for lunch (or dinner).
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    csneely wrote: »
    I love the Sunkist tuna packs. The ranch one is only 90 calories and with salad or veggies you can be full and way under 300.

I eat those (starkist) or the bumble bee ones too as part of my lunch often.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Giant salad with a can of tuna and hot sauce
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I have a bagel thin or low cal wrap with lunch meat/thin sliced cheese/veggies (sometimes a little low cal mayo). On the side I'll have a 100cal bag of snacks or a piece of fruit.

Another I eat a lot is grilled chicken in a huge salad with low cal dressing. I put a little cut up fruit in it to make it more interesting.

One more is a can of light soup (about 140cals) with 3-4oz of chicken thrown in. Fruit or small piece of bread/crackers with it.