Sober September 2017

Replies

• PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    theclaw900 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a difficult day. One of my big triggers is tinkering in the garage. We moved this summer and I was building some racks to hang the rakes, shovels and other garden things. Cravings got really strong around 4pm. I had a good excuse to drive to the liquor store because I had to go to the Home Depot for screws. I actually sat in the car for a few minutes then decided to go to the gym instead to break the crave.

It worked. On to the the next day.

You are awesome!!!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,514 Member
    FredKing1 wrote: »
    I went to a party last night - passed by the open bar aware of the trigger, but not overly tempted. I did however indulge in plentiful food stuffs. Time to move past using not drinking as an excuse to over eat - get balance in life.

Well played! Good food is way better for you than a mound of alcohol. It's pretty obvious when you wake up, eh?
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I'm so mad. I knew I was going to drink yesterday and I did good and I ate good last night however today as been a train wreck. I've had the well I already blew it this morning attitude by ear halloween Chex mix I made, then my kids mcdonalds fries, then two bowls of chili and m&ms and now a bowl of ice cream. Ugh..... it's really not worth it to me. I was/ am doing so good and had been losing consistently now I know it was one day and I'm not going to weigh myself or try and beat myself up to bad but still the alcohol was not and is not even worth it. I had planned to drink next Saturday for another outing but I'm not even going to do that anymore. Guess I'm glad it happened the way it did because it just keeps proving to be a bad choice/ idea every time I do it which is getting to be fewer and fewer a

You are learning as you go...you are doing great. Don't beat yourself up. Change what you can and keep moving forward. You are a strong person making positive changes for your health and life. You got this!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I'm so mad. I knew I was going to drink yesterday and I did good and I ate good last night however today as been a train wreck. I've had the well I already blew it this morning attitude by ear halloween Chex mix I made, then my kids mcdonalds fries, then two bowls of chili and m&ms and now a bowl of ice cream. Ugh..... it's really not worth it to me. I was/ am doing so good and had been losing consistently now I know it was one day and I'm not going to weigh myself or try and beat myself up to bad but still the alcohol was not and is not even worth it. I had planned to drink next Saturday for another outing but I'm not even going to do that anymore. Guess I'm glad it happened the way it did because it just keeps proving to be a bad choice/ idea every time I do it which is getting to be fewer and fewer a

You are learning as you go...you are doing great. Don't beat yourself up. Change what you can and keep moving forward. You are a strong person making positive changes for your health and life. You got this!

Thank you! And thank you for starting this. And I'm proud of you for not breaking your 60 day streak.

• nibby10101010
    nibby10101010 Posts: 23 Member
    Is this going to keep going into October? I want to join!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I love this i started late but haven't had a glass of wine or bottle for a whole week and I really want to not drink again till i lose 20 lbs so here goes would love support. Its going to be hard I love my booze lol

Impressed with this. I was thinking the same thing, for October, only with 10 pounds.

I'd be up for the challenge for another month, since I absolutely did not do well in September.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    PurpleLavendar thanks so much for setting up this group. It really helped me this month. I had a crap day at work yesterday ...and often times that would have meant getting a bottle of wine. Thought briefly crossed my mind and I was like NO. I feel like I have gotten a healthier view on alcohol this month. Continuing again next month.

What she said!!