Looking for witty, feisty, comical friends; who also are motivated to succeed!

If you look at my profile picture you will see my dog. Like me, he see's the prize but can't seem to get it without help from his human friends.
I'm new to the community and would enjoy some friends with a wide range of personalities to keep things fun, light and even comical at times. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last fall. After recovering from surgery, several months of physiotherapy and then radioactive iodine treatment this past June I find I have a new outlook on life. I want to LIVE the best life I can. Prior to my Dx I was essentially sleeping my way through life. My weight has prevented me from being able to do the activities that I used to enjoy. I was 318 when I received my Dx. I'm fluctuating around 267 now. My goal is to be around 140lb. I would like people who need to lose significant weight, people who have been losing the weight, people who are maintaining their goal weights, people who are motivated to achieve their goals but are still able to engage in light, witty banter to keep things interesting. People from all walks of life and on all journeys are welcome.
For those interested in more personal details, I'm a 32y female with a long term supportive partner. I've been a vegetarian for 19y and am dabbling in veganism. Children may be in our future, but for right now we just have fur babies (who all love me the most, regardless of my partners claim that a dog is mans best friend).
If I sound like a good fit for you & vice versa, please contact me about being friends - I don't know how to add friends as I don't have any yet. Some instructual information on how to add friends would be great :)

Replies

• lorrainebenj51
    lorrainebenj51 Posts: 107 Member
    Hope yr a animal lover...poor baby
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Hey there! I'll send you a friend request as I feel being feisty is the only option. :D
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    I love having fun friends. Comedy makes losing weight easier. ;) Sending you a FR.
  • Yaas hello people. This place feels way too serious sometimes. Adding you guys to lighten things up a bit
  • delaluna91
    delaluna91 Posts: 4 Member
    I need fitness/health motivated friends as well :) I am new here.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited September 2017
    Welcome aboard!

Having been through thyroid cancer back in 2000 I know what you're going through. All is well and if there's a cancer you could choose this would be the one. Very well researched and a known treatment regimen at this point. There are several elite level athletes with varying degrees of thyroid issues.

Congratulations on your success - keep on this path and you will certainly hit your goal.

Read the stickies to start with - these are collections of some of the best on MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

Enjoy!
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Add me! I'm annoyingly bubbly and motivating. Can also be sarcastic, but I reserve those for special occasions, just as I like to do with treats ;)
  • Oh my gosh! Witty & comical. Love this! Please also add me, whoever this relates to! :) I don't do too well w/too much serious. :)
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    Everything is just better with a dose of wit and a side of feisty! Sometimes we all need the comical motivation as well as the will power. Best of luck to you on your journey ....sending you a FR :-)
  • glennwright57
    glennwright57 Posts: 3 Member
    Everything is better smiling laughing and being witty. I'm new to this whole my fitness pal thing. Just trying to make friends