Tuna

Replies

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Salsa and a melted happy cow cheese wedge.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Keep the greek yogurt but add some spices! chili Powder, Southwest spice mix, Italian seasoning or Mrs. Dash are all good. Or mix in some lemon or lime juice.
  • nathanberns
    nathanberns Posts: 1 Member
    I eat it with hot sauce.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    miracle whip is only about 40 calories
  • socaldogmom
    socaldogmom Posts: 96 Member
    I use 2-3 tablespoons of low calorie mayo and add sweet relish, a lot of green apples (chopped finely) and parsley to a small can of tuna. I don't like mustard or spicy tuna. Over time I have gotten used to less mayo. Personally I don't like the texture of flavor of the other options. I use it to make two sandwiches.
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Avacado...I love it to replace mayo in tuna or egg salad.
  • GettingThere62
    GettingThere62 Posts: 83 Member
    Cottage cheese!
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    I love it plain.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    I use a homemade dill mayo, spicy mustard, diced onion and a bit of lemon juice in mine. I usually only need to use a Tablespoon of the mayo per can of tuna since the other ingredients provide just enough flavor.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I use either mustard or bbq sauce.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    I use half a tbsp of mayo, a whole tbsp of greek yogurt, and as much mustard as i need to get the right consistency. Cottage cheese works too!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    I use laughing cow cheese wedges. The garlic herb and the pepper jack are both good. I also like avocado with tuna.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    The flavored pouches are good on their own, especially on a salad or in a wrap.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member

I like my tuna hella spicy. Some of my variations include Dijon mustard, lemon or lime juice, balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Renfro's green salsa, pickle relish, chili powder, cumin, celery salt, garlic salt. If you like spicy food, try a little Mrs. Renfro's, it's basically puréed jalapeño and I love it.

If you want a classic mayo like creamy yogurt using Greek yogurt or nonfat sour cream, try adding something like celery salt and lemon juice.

Is that one recipe?
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    You can try the flavored tuna Starkist sells OP
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    An ex of mine loved pouring vinegar on his tuna mixing it up and then salt and pepper to taste. I used to think he was so weird and then I tried it one day and honestly loved it.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Try adding some salt along with the Greek yogurt, that may be what you're missing.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,089 Member
    Teaspoon of Olive oil?
  • melton_andrea
    melton_andrea Posts: 5 Member
    Use cottage cheese....it works way better than yogurt and has none of that sour taste. Has more of the savory taste of mayo plus extra protien...i posted the recipe i use once on this board but not sure how to copy to here
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I like my tuna hella spicy. Some of my variations include Dijon mustard, lemon or lime juice, balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Renfro's green salsa, pickle relish, chili powder, cumin, celery salt, garlic salt. If you like spicy food, try a little Mrs. Renfro's, it's basically puréed jalapeño and I love it.

If you want a classic mayo like creamy yogurt using Greek yogurt or nonfat sour cream, try adding something like celery salt and lemon juice.

Is that one recipe?

Haha, no! Although I do like to mix and match, putting all of that in one dish would be pretty alarming!