What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    The biggest thing no one told me about weight loss, well actually calorie counting I suppose, is that it would hugely improve my money management. It took me a couple months in to realize that if I was tracking every calorie, then I should be tracking every penny just as closely. I got a tracking app for that and all the same principles that made my weight loss successful helped turn my finances around too.

I find this rather ironic. I was looking at my goals for this year, and my financial ones are the only ones I am on track to achieve by the end of the year. I obviously need to spend more time at the gym, and less time on my excel spreadsheet!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    EmPersson wrote: »
    Last night I was doing some house chores. We have a Dyson upright vacuum, and I'd just emptied the canister and left it in the kitchen while I went downstairs to switch out laundry. When I came back up, I had a bundle of sheets in one hand and rather than trying to bend over the bundle in my arms to pick up the canister, I basically did a walking lunge to pick it up and carry everything upstairs. No one told me I'd be integrating basic workout moves into my basic housework! :D

My employer's health and wellness program is called "Fit for Life". This is wbat they're talking about :)
  • bpetersen1234
    bpetersen1234 Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2017
    jesslla wrote: »
    That when your morbidly obese you won't see changes for a very very long time and then all of a sudden BAM you start looking subtly different.

I wear a medical alert bracelet, when I got it I could put one finger under it, now I can fit two.
    My legs have shapes that make shaving more challenging.
    My wrists look smaller.

Not enough to see in the mirror yet, but enough to notice when I look carefully. And it snuck up on me.

I under the mirror part completely. I have lost 45lbs and 3 inches in my stomach. Even though I'm told by people they can tell, the mirror to me says a different story. Keep up the hard work!
  • bpetersen1234
    bpetersen1234 Posts: 16 Member
    I understand the mirror part completely. I have lost 45lbs and 3 inches in my stomach. Even though I'm told by people they can tell, the mirror to me says a different story. Keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!