44 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight 144 pounds
    Today's Weight: 153.2 pounds
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nice drop!!! :-D
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Thanks, this is usually the point where I sabotage and have a weight gain but this time I plan to stay the course and continue to lose.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Thanks, this is usually the point where I sabotage and have a weight gain but this time I plan to stay the course and continue to lose.

You got this darling!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member

You Go Girl!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member

OMG, I thought I was the only one who did this! For whatever reason, whenever I see a new low or get an unusually big drop, I get the subconscious urge to binge later that day and I have to actively fight it. I have no idea why this happens! Maybe it's connected to using food as a reward, but it happens literally every time!
  • mistymeadows2005
    That's interesting! I've never experienced this! Good numbers motivate me to do more...it'd be fascinating to study the psychology behind this
  • brittdee88
    That's interesting! I've never experienced this! Good numbers motivate me to do more...it'd be fascinating to study the psychology behind this
    It is very weird and incredibly counterproductive. I won't even be hungry and out of nowhere, my body (or mind, I guess) will literally scream for food. Serious, serious self-sabotage. That, the frustration of water fluctuations, and being depressed if I don't see a good loss (and subsequently binging because I'm upset) are the reasons why I don't like weighing daily. The scale can really put me on an emotional roller coaster.
  • mistymeadows2005
    It mostly just pisses me off! LMAO - I don't tend to get down on myself if I don't see the loss I want or think I earned, I just get aggravated LOL
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »

OMG, I thought I was the only one who did this! For whatever reason, whenever I see a new low or get an unusually big drop, I get the subconscious urge to binge later that day and I have to actively fight it. I have no idea why this happens! Maybe it's connected to using food as a reward, but it happens literally every time!

This is me too. I think I'm doing so well, so I can eat more or something. But... I think OMAD has cured me of this because I just eat whatever now as long as it's in my window. I think for me it's just a thing I do now - I don't eat in the day. I don't consider what I eat in my eating window to ever be a binge, even if it's not the best food or too much. I still do have some guilt around food - like last night I thought I'd eaten too much (and I really had), but I keep telling myself it's WAY less than I would have eaten in an entire day before, so who cares. I think giving myself permission to not be perfect is half the battle here. I only have the one rule - I don't eat in the day. And if that day needs to end at 3pm on a weekend or because I'm super hungry, it's no biggie. Hopefully the perfectionist thing hasn't just transferred to that one rule for me though! :) I don't think it really has, as I was pretty relaxed about my eating when I was in San Diego. I didn't eat in the day, but I did relax my window timing and how late it went!

Of course, it's only been about 5 months, so we'll see how I go...
  • brittdee88
    Sarah, that is an awesome mindset. It hasn't happened to me since beginning OMAD, but I also haven't been weighing daily for very long. I really like that perspective, and I hope this is my "cure," too!
  • tlblanksfit
    In one of Joe's recent videos he talked about having to be mad enough to stick to your plan. I think that is what happened to me and why I decided on a maintenance start date. I was mad about the ups and downs I have been doing and am determined to end that cycle and get to a point where I can maintain. No sabotage today. Had my OMAD and that was it.
  • tlblanksfit
    September 28
    43 Days to Maintenance
    Maintenance Goal Weight: 144 pounds
    October 21 goal: 147 pounds
    Today's Weight: 152.3 pounds
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nice drop Tracey! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    edited September 2017
    I am now below my Birthday Challenge ending weight and I must continue to move down from here.

Today is my last vegetarian day for the week. So I should have another loss tomorrow. I will take note to see how my meat eating affects my weight this weekend. Basic OMAD with a meaty meal only (no sabotaging, Tracey) .
  • brittdee88
    Go, girl! No sabotaging!!!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Every day a step closer. Great progress you're making.
  • tlblanksfit
    Thanks Jim, taking it one day at a time.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Thanks Jim, taking it one day at a time.

Nice :)