lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Replies

• jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    @bjcrewe good on you for doing this and for posting, that takes personal strength and courage...which is to say those same qualities will eanble you to reach your goal. I am down about 100 pounds in 2 1/2 years, it took longer because I am older and a woman and my metabolism doesn't respond as quickly as a younger guy's will!

I also googled "sitting exercises for men" (also "chair exercises") on YouTube which you might be able to do, and and there were a lot of those. Go get 'em!
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    I'm planing on trying to save enough money by next month to buy a fit it to better track the steps and what now they are not cheap so it will take me at least a month or more to save enough.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Awesome goal!

I don't know if the full 200 is achievable in a year - just crunching numbers that is a massive deficit. 120 would be safer, but who knows until you try? I lost ~60 lbs my first year just following the safe & moderate guidelines MFP set for me. I started with a 2lb/week deficit and once I started getting towards my goal this slowed to 1.5, 1, and 0.5 lbs/week.

Just take this slowly. Don't try to take on too much at once, but each day move a little more and stick to your MFP calorie intake.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    GlassAngyl wrote: »
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    Lunch was 444 calories.

So far you are doing great. That's a little over 1100 so far. It's a good clean start. For something low calorie to help with hunger at non-meal times, try eggs.. or eggs on salad. One large egg is 72c. Lettuce is.. negligible. 20c In two cups. You can boil three eggs, chop it...add some mustard and a tsp of mayo.. salt and pepper. Add some peppers or onion. Use the egg salad as the dressing or add some low cal ranch or Italian. Just watch the serving size.

Protein, fiber and fat are filling components, but it's not the same formula for everyone. I do like an egg salad sandwich at lunch.
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I'm planing on trying to save enough money by next month to buy a fit it to better track the steps and what now they are not cheap so it will take me at least a month or more to save enough.

If you have an iPhone you can track your steps using that, and I believe it links to your MFP account but don't quote me on that.

You're right...at least mine does and it even gives me a few more calories for my steps
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    I have a flip phone and a Samsung but the Samsung only works on WiFi the step counter don't work well on it
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    You’ve got this... there is so much support here. Feel free to add me as a friend and come by every day. Even if you go over your calories, come by and get your motivation.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Just back from a 15 min walk. i know it ant much but seeing the most i ever walk is from my sofa to my fridge i say yay me. Whoop whoop

Way to go!!