Weird weight

I moved into my first apartment in may and kept fairly active until june. Before that I was running about 3 times a week or as much as I could. I cleaned houses. I used to be 185 at 17 but I got down to 150 by eating 1300 calories a day and maybe less..I went down to 125 before I started eating more because I looked anorexic on a 5ft 7.5 ( really 8) large frame. My weight shot up to 137 and I was ok with that but tried to get it down to 130 by eating 1200 calories measured food but it wasnt coming off easy. I ate 800-1000 to get it down to 135 but finally decided 137-138 was ok and excercising 3-5 days a week and eating 1250-1300 was fine. I kept the calorie intake the same but my foods got more processed as I moved and my weight went up to 142-145. Im eating 1270 and im trying to get back to my very active routine but the weight doesnt want to come off if im eating low regardless shouldnt it go down or was I eating so low for so long I crashed my metabolism. I know my protien is low and this week I dug in a creek for 4 hours and ill be doing excercise 50 min each day so I dont know.

Replies

• Capencowl
    Capencowl Posts: 7 Member
    Should add my daily excercise and runs went down but calorie intake was at the most 1600 and was biking at least 3 days a week in a spin class and digging for 5 hours in a creek on weekends or helping at a horse farm. I do however not drink enough at all.
  • Krcarpenter201
    Krcarpenter201 Posts: 8 Member
    Starvation mode and Metabolism crashing are myths. The cold hard facts is that you're eating more than you're counting or you're over estimating how much your exercises are burning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

The above site shows that metabolic slow down doesn't happen unless your weight goes down.
  • Capencowl
    Starvation mode and Metabolism crashing are myths. The cold hard facts is that you're eating more than you're counting or you're over estimating how much your exercises are burning.

The above site shows that metabolic slow down doesn't happen unless your weight goes down.

My weight went from 180 to around 118-120 and im 5ft 8 with a large frame in less than a year. Since then ive had problems. I measure everything going in. I do have some studies from the NIH that talk about weight cycling and metabolism slowdown. Trust me im sticking to a 1260 cal goal or under most days. I deal with human and animal nutrition so im aware of that study, I basically did the same thing to myself years ago. Regardless im treating myself like I do my animal nutrition animals and increasing excercise and water intake and monitoring food consumption ( even more so..condiments even get measured)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited September 2017
  • Capencowl
    Capencowl wrote: »

My weight went from 180 to around 118-120 and im 5ft 8 with a large frame in less than a year. Since then ive had problems. I measure everything going in. I do have some studies from the NIH that talk about weight cycling and metabolism slowdown. Trust me im sticking to a 1260 cal goal or under most days. I deal with human and animal nutrition so im aware of that study, I basically did the same thing to myself years ago. Regardless im treating myself like I do my animal nutrition animals and increasing excercise and water intake and monitoring food consumption ( even more so..condiments even get measured)

@Capencowl 5'8" and having problems? Could it be because you're underweight? I'm also 5'8" and there is no way, no how I could ever get down to that weight and remain healthy and functioning.

I was doing capoiera not realizing how much it burned and was eating too little for it. I am 142-145 now but who knows it has a habit of cycling with the season ( summer more guess a lot could also be not drinking a whole hell of a lot) anyways just going to keep going with measuring (bought a better little scale) so hopefully that helps.