Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yummy :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Tracey, you will LOVE it! It is such a great tool. I got the smallest one for $69 at Target. Your hubby will get so many brownie points.
    Thanks, Brenda!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    How big are they - like how much room do they take up on the counter top? I guess I should look them up...
  • brittdee88
    Not big at all, Sarah! I have the small one, and it takes up about as much space as a 12-cup rice cooker.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    When you say small is that the 3QT or 5QT?
  • brittdee88
    I have the 3QT duo mini.
  • tlblanksfit
    I am thinking I want to get the 3QT for me and a bigger one for the family. Sometimes the family won't eat my alternative meals so having a small one I can use for myself would be ideal.
  • brittdee88
    Makes sense! Since I only cook for myself, I use the mini. I do think you could easily get 2-3 servings of food made in the mini.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I want one toooooooo.... My Bday is coming up... Time to drop some hints for the hubster
  • brittdee88
    Today's eating event (1:50 - 3:15):
    vc8ixmu9ftqj.jpg
    fwhlrhbq8e38.jpg

Cabbage salad
    Pasta with zucchini, shallots, and tomatoes
    Glass of red
    Not pictured: coffee and 1 piece each of dark chocolate-covered ginger and orange slices

Why didn't I know cabbage salad was a thing?! I have a head I need to get rid of, and I decided to try it tossed with some ACV vinaigrette and was blown away! I found out later that cabbage salad is actually a thing!!!! SOOOO GOOOD!
    And more IP yumminess: threw the veggies and pasta in my IP and had a perfectly cooked pasta dish 10 minutes later.
  • tlblanksfit
    Britt I am going to need to get your IP recipes.
  • brittdee88
    I always feel so bad when people ask for recipes because I really only use them for baking since that's scientific or if I pick up an ingredient I've never used before and need ideas. With cooking, I really just put things together that I think would be yummy, so I can tell you what I put in the pot! The instant pot makes it even easier to just dump stuff in.
    I put in a whole minced shallot, 1 chopped zucchini, about a tablespoon of minced garlic from the jar, half a box of gluten free rotini, maybe two cups of diced canned tomatoes and the juice (I had this leftover from something else, so I am not 100% sure of the measurement), about a cup of chopped cherry tomatoes, about 3/4 cup of white wine, and a few pinches of salt. I pressure cooked for 10 minutes, and that's it! I added some pepper and a tiny bit of olive oil on top after plating. I can start posting what I put in the pot when I post my meals from now on if that would be helpful!
  • tlblanksfit
    I just need an idea if how much to put in the pot. I guess I can cut the bigger recipes in half for use in the smaller cooker. I want to add some variety to me vegetarian meals.
  • brittdee88
    Totally understandable! I will post what I put in the pot from now on :) I would also Google for vegetarian IP recipes because from what I have gathered, most of the veg bloggers only cook for 1-2 people. I only know of a few who have whole families they make veg meals for, so you probably won't even have to adjust recipes if you find some online.
    I am planning to make fried rice and teriyaki eggplant tomorrow, so I will post everything I use then.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited September 2017
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    vc8ixmu9ftqj.jpg
    fwhlrhbq8e38.jpg

Cabbage salad
    Glass of red
    Not pictured: coffee and 1 piece each of dark chocolate-covered ginger and orange slices

Why didn't I know cabbage salad was a thing?! I have a head I need to get rid of, and I decided to try it tossed with some ACV vinaigrette and was blown away! I found out later that cabbage salad is actually a thing!!!! SOOOO GOOOD!
    And more IP yumminess: threw the veggies and pasta in my IP and had a perfectly cooked pasta dish 10 minutes later.

Britt... raw red cabbage salad is super delish. I just cut it in half and then slice it super thin, as thin as I can, then just throw in some green onions and balsamic glaze and olive oil....salt n' peppa....just let it sit in the frig a couple hours. My mouth salivates just thinking about it.
    Your meals are lookin' really good....good job making the time to cook with your busy schedule, I know that must be hard.
  • tlblanksfit
    I am planning to make fried rice and teriyaki eggplant tomorrow, so I will post everything I use then.

That sounds delicious, I would love to have the info on that.
  • brittdee88
    Kat, I actually don't like red cabbage at all! Maybe that's why I had never considered having green cabbage as a salad. But it was SO good! And thank you -- the IP really makes it effortless. I definitely don't spend more than 20 minutes making meals when I use it.

Tracey, I just went through my produce and realize that I need to use up a zucchini first, so I will make the eggplant another time. I'm just going to stir-fry the zucchini with onions and soy sauce with the IP saute setting.
  • brittdee88
    edited September 2017
    Today's OMAD:

mzf3qlfm3t43.jpg

Working on a paper, so I ate this in less than an hour.

Beyond meat "beef" fried rice ("beef," onions, carrots, and corn sautéed in IP + 1 rice cooker cup of rice + 1/4 cup each of white wine, broth, and water + 1 dash of rice vinegar pressure cooked on high for 4 minutes with a natural steam release + cabbage and coconut aminos added at the end)
    Zucchini and onions sautéed in IP (I accidentally used the pour on my pepper shaker!)
    Vegan version of yum yum sauce
    Ginger-coconut amino dipping sauce
    Not pictured: glass of red and 2 pieces of dark chocolate-covered ginger. Will likely have a bunch of black coffee later today!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    katjustkat wrote: »
    vc8ixmu9ftqj.jpg
    fwhlrhbq8e38.jpg

Cabbage salad
    Glass of red

Britt... raw red cabbage salad is super delish. I just cut it in half and then slice it super thin, as thin as I can, then just throw in some green onions and balsamic glaze and olive oil....salt n' peppa....just let it sit in the frig a couple hours. My mouth salivates just thinking about it.
    Your meals are lookin' really good....good job making the time to cook with your busy schedule, I know that must be hard.

Add a little bit of raw broccoli cut very small and it is a good combo with it!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    edited October 2017
    Funny how we all have different taste buds! Britt...which flavor of 'Garden of Life raw protein' do you like best? I was thinking the vanilla would be good because I could change it up. I like that it has 20 grams of protein per serving. Thanxxxx
    ***I saw several reviews that said the company changed the formula and it no longer tastes good. Have you noticed anything like that? Also...could you take a picture of the container as there seems to be a lot of different ones. Sorry & thanxxxx