Can't reach at 1200 calories goal to lose weight

13»

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    For the Greek Yogurt you are eating, is this a prepackaged size and it's plain? Where I shop, we don't have any Greek Yogurt that is 80 calories. Unless you buy the big containers and are measuring out a smaller portion of it? Just curious how you are getting 80 calorie Greek yogurt and not weighing it out.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    12ka4 wrote: »

thx a lot
    my diet is like
    breakfast... brown bread 1 slice with 1 or 2sp unsalted butter + mil tea.... 230 cal
    snack... greek yogurt or 1 apple.. 70-80cal
    lunch... salad or veg fruit juice... 80-100 cal
    dinner between 5-6 pm .... Indian Tortila (roti)+ any home made curry ... 300 -400 cal
    7-8 pm ...milky tea ...80 cal
    thats my almost regular routine ...

Curious, what is in that salad, just some lettuce and cucumbers or something? A couple of tablespoons of salad dressing alone could be that many calories. Add some. Throw some nuts and cheese on that puppy as well. Or some cooked quinoa. Put some kind of nut butter on the brown bread. Eat larger portions of the yogurt...
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    I'm surprised at some of the comments here, saying she is not doing her calculations properly. Someone said bread is at least 100 calories a slice, my bread is 75 calories in 1 slice. Some people use a full tbs of butter but I only use 1/4 per slice of bread so her butter may not be the same as yours. My Greek yogurt is 35 calories in 100g and it took me time to find that because most are 80+. Milky tea, mine is only 14 calories, unless we measure and calculate how much milk someone puts in their tea, we can not say oh your tea is at least 80 calories. We all live in different areas of the world and our food is made different, so we can't say how many calories are what someone else is eating unless they tell you.

I think the problem was/is that the OP was just not very clear on how she's coming up with those calorie counts for her food. It's important to ascertain whether the person actually methodically checked it out or did they assume. I think for many "old timers" on this board, they have seen so many instances of people just grabbing something out of the database and think it fits what they are eating.

The OP here was looking for some advice and gave out details of her daily food. I don't think anyone is trying to be hard, critical, mean or anything but it's REALLY hard to tell how accurate she is being and that does make a difference when giving the right advice.

My Greek yogurt was a question to use for example. She cites 80 calories for Greek yogurt. I just wanted to know how she's coming up with that? Most people in my world don't make their own yogurt so I asked if she's buying that somewhere, measuring out a small amount of storebought plain yogurt, or if she's making it.

The bread and butter thing was also just very vague.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    your lunch has no protein, which you need more of.... add some beans to your salad and you'll get more protein, you'll feel full longer, and it's good for you.
    that's all supposing that you're already logging accurately.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    I'm confused by some of the things the OP has said so I will just say this: First, tighten up your logging by weighing and trying to get more accurate on what you're eating. The Roti and Curry to me seems incredibly low especially.

Secondly, you didn't get here because you're physically incapable of eating more than 1,000 calories. If you're doing s good job estimating your calories consumed and burned you should be able to eat everything MFP gives you plus your exercise calories and still meet the goals you set on MFP. Add back some of the things you like in moderation if you want to.

If you do that for a month and aren't seeing results you want them re evaluate.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    OP it sounds like you could benefit from reading the stickied "most helpful forum posts" at the top of the Getting Started section. They will help you understand how to set a reasonable goal, accurately track your food intake, why you should eat back your exercise calories, and dispel myths such as starvation mode.

I'm on my phone and can't link but perhaps someone else would be able to quickly drop a link in for the OP to find more easily.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited September 2017
    mywayroche wrote: »
    Oh and a heads up. Flour and water isnt a health food, its paper mache paste

That's a rather mean thing to say. Flour tortillas are made of only flour and water. So are a lot of Indian grilled breads. I don't see how to make these breads low cal though. 31 grams of unbleached white flour (1/4 cup) is about how much would make a tiny serving of bread, for 110 calories.

I'll try to remember to post my curry recipe in the recipe section on Monday, when I'm not on my phone.
  • 12ka4
    12ka4 Posts: 17 Member
    12ka4 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    You really can't eat 200 more calories?

i can eat double of that.. just was curious and confused after reading things like " Body on starvation mode" and " eating back exercise calories" ..
    i mostly crave for biscuit

Good morning. I see some are people seem to be a bit hard on you. I know that you are new but I guess that we see this kind of thread very often and somehow forget that the person hasn't seen it.
    Personally, I find this to be a try and fail/win...depending. I find the homemade food to be the trickiest....but best tasting. I do agree that the recipe finder would work and help you find out how many actual calories you are eating. My yogurt is even less calories than that. If you want more sweetness, may I suggest Silk milk? It is lower in calories and gives a more "sweet" fix.
    Welcome to MFP. I wish you nothing but the best to you on your weight loss journey.

thx a lot... at last someone Encourged me .. today i checked my weight ..Thx God i lost 2 kg in 2 weeks... thx once again for help

• 12ka4
    12ka4 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm confused by some of the things the OP has said so I will just say this: First, tighten up your logging by weighing and trying to get more accurate on what you're eating. The Roti and Curry to me seems incredibly low especially.

Secondly, you didn't get here because you're physically incapable of eating more than 1,000 calories. If you're doing s good job estimating your calories consumed and burned you should be able to eat everything MFP gives you plus your exercise calories and still meet the goals you set on MFP. Add back some of the things you like in moderation if you want to.

If you do that for a month and aren't seeing results you want them re evaluate.

today i checked my weight THX GOD lost 2 kg in 2 weeks
    thx for help
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I'm surprised at some of the comments here, saying she is not doing her calculations properly. Someone said bread is at least 100 calories a slice, my bread is 75 calories in 1 slice. Some people use a full tbs of butter but I only use 1/4 per slice of bread so her butter may not be the same as yours. My Greek yogurt is 35 calories in 100g and it took me time to find that because most are 80+. Milky tea, mine is only 14 calories, unless we measure and calculate how much milk someone puts in their tea, we can not say oh your tea is at least 80 calories. We all live in different areas of the world and our food is made different, so we can't say how many calories are what someone else is eating unless they tell you.

When the OP says that her milky tea is 80 calories, yes, we can say that hers is 80 calories.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    @12ka4 nice to hear that the scale is moving in the right direction but it's a little steep. You really should be eating more daily. You don't want to lose your hair for instance from not enough protein. Someone mentioned eating beans. Or I suggest lentils. Add a little oil to your bread. Have two slices of bread for breakfast.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    edited October 2017
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You were eating way more than 1,000 calories if you got to the point of needing to lose weight.

My guess is that you cut out too much fat...dietary fat is an essential macro nutrient and a very easy way to get in more calories.

You can eat anything you want to hit your calorie targets.

If she stopped eating carbs (potatoes, rice, breads) and increased her vegs then I can see where she can't eat more than 1,000 calories. For almost the first month I did meat and vegs and 1 serving of fruit a day.

(Never mind I see her diet now) I would be starving with those few of calories at each meal.
  • thegeans
    thegeans Posts: 42 Member
    If you can't reach 1,200, there's always wine.