Curves

Options
Ive been going to Curves for a few months and my location just introduced this new "digital personal trainer" Its like $25 to start and at first I was sceptical. Thinking "what could that little machine really do" Yesterday I decided to do it and it was amazing. Ive never worked out so hard!! It really did push me harder. And all this time I thought I was getting a great workout. This little computer keeps track of everything! Heart rate, reps, calories burned etc.. and at the end of your workout it tells you what machines to work on harder how well you did and so forth. I was amazed. So.... If your Curves gets it, DO IT!!:happy:

Replies

• mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ive been going to Curves for a few months and my location just introduced this new "digital personal trainer" Its like $25 to start and at first I was sceptical. Thinking "what could that little machine really do" Yesterday I decided to do it and it was amazing. Ive never worked out so hard!! It really did push me harder. And all this time I thought I was getting a great workout. This little computer keeps track of everything! Heart rate, reps, calories burned etc.. and at the end of your workout it tells you what machines to work on harder how well you did and so forth. I was amazed. So.... If your Curves gets it, DO IT!!:happy:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Is this little machine specific to curves or is it something on the market that curves uses in conjunction with their work out plan. Can you tell me a little more about it.
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Its called Curves Smart. Not all Curves have it yet. Its connected to the machines by sensors and monitors everything that way. Im sure other gyms use some form of it but Ive never seen it before.
    It is a bit different than the regular 30 minute circuit in that the machine tells you when you are done and when to move on. It makes sure you get in all your reps rather than just 30 seconds on each machine. I like it cuz it monitors how hard I work and how many calories I burn and tells me at the end of my workout.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My gym uses a system call fitlinxx and it keeps track of everything and every week the guy who did my original fitness analysis checks up on me to make sure I am doing what he suggested. Sort of gives me some accountability. Also, I can online to the fitlinxx website and view charts of what I did for the week and add outside of the gym exercises when i ride my bike or run etc.