October 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    You know I'm all about being conservative @MNLittleFinn :D ! I'd say your goal is good given you actually taper like a normal person and you're only three weeks out from Duluth!!! I feel like it was last week you were deciding whether or not you'd transfer to the higher distance- exciting!!!

Just don't ask me about my current plans for November 1.... I think I may be crazy, and it's good my race is before that..... I might end up matching your miles through the winter/////
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Yay! Another month! Count me in for 120 miles this month. Got a 10k race coming up at the end of the month, also hoping to get to another couple of park runs (did my first today) and get my park run down by 2 minutes.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    The end of September finds me running, but not totally recovered from posterior tibial tendinitis. I'll throw out a nominal goal of 100 miles for October.

Real goals: Get healthy enough to run 5 days a week. Avoid re-injury. Build base.

Good to see you're back into things, and glad you registered for/ got into Boston, for what it's worth, I think that was the right choice. Here's to a healthy October for you!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    I'm in for 60kms! Just hit 41k in Sept.
  • MNLittleFinn
    In for 120 this month. Plan on one 5k on Oct 14 and then my first HM on Nov. 18.
    Looks like a good plan to me. You're going to rock your races!
    emmclean wrote: »
    I'm in for 60kms! Just hit 41k in Sept.
    You got this! you're going to do great!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Still in mostly recovery mode but at least I have managed a couple of slow, short runs this week. So I have no real mileage goal for the month, I just want to continue to progress.

Goals:
    1-Don't injure myself trying too hard
    2-Get back to a 10 mile run
    3-Get my pace back to prior marathon pace on my 2-4 mile runs.
    4-Find some better compression gear for this malfunctioning left leg
    5-Do a better job keeping up with this thread
    Looks like a good set of goals. Here's to your recovery continuing at a steady pace.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Well, I distance PR'd in September at 198.7 miles. I guess I should try for 200 as a stretch goal.

You have 5 hours to get that extra 1.3... go for it
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Well, I distance PR'd in September at 198.7 miles. I guess I should try for 200 as a stretch goal.

You have 5 hours to get that extra 1.3... go for it

Sadly, am out of time already. Have non-running-life-things to handle.
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    I have been rather lazy this year and haven't showed up in here for a long time. Just want to pop back in here to say hi and put in my goal for October. 60 miles should not be too much a stretch but yet keep me running during the week :grin:

Upcoming race:
    11/23 Thank you Run (5k)
    12/16 San Diego Holiday Half ( @shanaber, will you be running this race again? We've talked quite a few of our friends running this race :blush: )
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    How time is flying by! Welcome to all newcomers.
    In for 180k!
  • MNLittleFinn
    How time is flying by! Welcome to all newcomers.
    In for 180k!

Nice. You got this.