Replies

• wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2017
    Still in mostly recovery mode but ....

October Goals:
    1-Don't injure myself trying too hard
    2-Get back to a 10 mile run
    3-Get my pace back to prior marathon pace on my 2-4 mile runs.
    4-Find some better compression gear for this malfunctioning left leg
    5-Do a better job keeping up with this thread

Oct 1 - 5 miles (left foot and leg still a little numb and tingling for the last 1.5 miles of this distance)

Beautiful morning for running. I am so happy to be able to get back out there. Sounds like lots of good goals and races this month!

@MNLittleFinn - thanks for the encouragement - and if you want to send any of those buttermilk pancakes and bacon this way, I would not complain about that either, lol! Great morning and compromise. Glad your wife is getting the bug as well!
    @Orphia - I hope your back is better quickly
    @BettyM1017 and @katharmonic - Awesome racing!!
    @amymoreorless - Great run today
    @Elise4270 - I am so sorry you missed your race! I usually can't sleep at all the night before which is only slightly better than sleeping through the start.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @katharmonic FANTASTIC PR!! Congrats. Your poor knees, OMG great job getting up and getting a PR when many would have said screw it and laid there. I hope your aches are better soon.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited October 2017
    @BettyM1017 now that is some serious bling. Congrats.

@katharmonic Respect! And well done on the PR. I'm hoping to break 2:15 in my half marathon in November. My current best is 2:26. It's five six years since I've run a half, but I'm running stronger and longer than I used to, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Congrats to @katharmonic on your PR in spite of your problems before the start and @BettyM1017 on your AG win.

Oct goal 120 miles
    Oct 1.......11 miles.......MTD 11

Very happy with the run this morning. 50 degrees and low humidity. Had my second best time for 10K and set personal bests for 15k and 10 miles. I think I am going to like cool weather running.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Hello everyone and happy October 1st! Back in the post-soviet countries today is a Teacher's Day - so anyone in a teaching related field - go wild! :wink:

@katharmonic congrats on PR! I love your smile in all those pictures :)
    @BettyM1017 Awesome win! Good for you! Congratulations :)
    @skippygirlsmom I cannot believe you went this long without food! If I don't eat anything for over 5 hours, my stomach lets me know about its existence in a super loud but rather embarrassing way :blush:

Had my first really chilly morning run. I think my body went into a temporary shock, because just few days ago it was close 90 degrees and humid. I got warm and comfy around mile two and the rest of the run was great!...Until I came home and realized I had earned some serious chaffing burns on my inner thighs...Ouchy, this had not happened in a very long time. I will need to invest in a different pair of compression pants. Ladies, any favorites?

October
    Goal: 135
    Total: 10.4
    9/01 – 10.4 miles
    Upcoming races:
    September 24 – Bachman Valley Half Marathon.
    October 22 – Gettysburg Blue-Gray Half Marathon.
    November 5 –Gettysburg Battleground Half Marathon.
  • Rebecca_Light
    Rebecca_Light Posts: 6 Member
    10/01: 1.5 mile run

exercise.png
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    I'm in for 130 this month. I have my marathon on the 14th so there is taper and recovery.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    10/1 6.41 miles

I had only planned on doing 4, but everything felt so great that I decided to see if I could do 10k. Anything to avoid homework, lol.

October goal - 6.4/60 miles
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    No run today a fun hour of soccer.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @BettyM1017 and @katharmonic - Well done! YOu both rocked it!

and @katharmonic way to show your bad "kitten" side and start a race injured!
  • PastorVincent
    It's OFFICIAL! She's registered! The countdown is on until my wife runs her first Half Marathon!

Ha! Awesome! My wife did the half last year, and this May she will do the full. Crazy!
  • PastorVincent
    No run today, spending the day working on my son's homework... I mean assisting him with it. Is there a difference?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    7.2 Km up what is know as the Friendship Trail - a small part of the TransCanada Trail.
    Was a challenging run as I was feeling the effects of my 19 km yesterday and we had a Nasty Cold Wind making any of the open/exposed sections down right miserable.ssr2dilrke9c.jpg
    Like I said in my first October Post, we can get hard and fast with weather changes.

exercise.png

10/01 7.2 km – 142.8 km - MTD 007.2 km – YTD 1138.87 km
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    It's OFFICIAL! She's registered! The countdown is on until my wife runs her first Half Marathon!

Ha! Awesome! My wife did the half last year, and this May she will do the full. Crazy!

I don't think my wife will ever want to run a full... but then again, 2 years ago, I never would have thought I'd be a runner.
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    exercise.png[\img]
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member

I don't think my wife will ever want to run a full... but then again, 2 years ago, I never would have thought I'd be a runner.

Do not count anything out.

A couple years ago my wife was like "never going to do anything like that" then this year she ran a half, and said "that was too far, I will stick with 10 miles or less" - now she is not only signed up for the Marathon but has run 20 miles in training. :)

This running thing... it is some kind of sick addiction.

true dat. Just have to see.