Apple shape success story pics?!

Hey everyone! I'm Ashlie, an apple lol I have currently lost almost 25lbs since July. I was at 206 to start this time around, but my highest was 235lbs. I was wondering if any of my fellow apples have some success story pictures they'd like to share? After being overweight my whole life, it's hard to envision myself without this belly! I'm sure there are other apples out there who would like to see some for motivation as well :)
I'm so excited to see what my body does after the next 25lbs!
Congratulations to everyone on this thread! We are ALL amazing and we CAN accomplish anything!

Replies

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    That's me on the right. I still had a bit of a tummy - but I was also in my late 40's.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    That's me on the right. I still had a bit of a tummy - but I was also in my late 40's.

You look amazing! Maybe there's hope for me yet!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited October 2017
    Check out my profile and click on the links in my story ... I went back up to 190 since then *from highest 222 & lowest at 143 -4 years ago) and have worked my way back down to 160 again since March of this year. I'm back at it, but at a much slower and manageable pace. I'm hoping this time the results will stick and I'll be able to comfortably maitain for life. Us Apple shaped ladies are at a bit of a disadvantage I feel because it's so hard to whittle the middle...it has so much more to do with diet for me than exercise.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    @bebeisfit Great work! You look amazing! :) I'm sure you will get back down there! Thanks so much for commenting!

@jesslla haha that's exactly how I imagine myself too! I hope I'm totally wrong ;)

@MsNewBooty83 Thank you for sharing! It does seem much more about food than exercise for me too!

I added all of you :)
  • EatingAndKnitting
    @bebeisfit Great work! You look amazing! :) I'm sure you will get back down there! Thanks so much for commenting!

@jesslla haha that's exactly how I imagine myself too! I hope I'm totally wrong ;)

@MsNewBooty83 Thank you for sharing! It does seem much more about food than exercise for me too!

I added all of you :)

After these pictures I think we're wrong. But it feels like I've got so long to find out! :)
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    jesslla wrote: »
    I'm going to be following this thread. I'm an apple and can't imagine this belly ever going away. I imagine myself at 150 with scrawny legs and arms and a belly that still sticks out past my boobs, just smaller!

I truly believe abs are made in the kitchen. Yes, working out will help, but what we put in our mouths makes all the difference in the world. I've had a tummy since I was a kid, so I know I'll never have a 6 pack, especially at age 55, almost 56 (damn, when did that happen??) but I can definitely lose the beer/junk food gut!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    I'm working on the kitchen part so hard. I'm better at it some days than others, but I'm having more good days than bad days. I don't need a 6-pack to be happy. I just want boobs that stick out past my belly, and maybe to be able to tuck in my shirt without feeling like I look pregnant.

I'll end up a tummy tuck when I'm done, because my ab muscles have split (which can contribute to a belly, it's called mummy tummy, but I've never been pregnant), and specific exercises for that can only do so much. The only surgical correction is a tummy tuck. I figure I'll have a lot of saggy skin anyway as fat as I am and as many stretch marks as I have. I don't care about the skin, I just don't want to wear a girdle the rest of my life, or know that if I ever stop the exercising for whatever reason, my gap will come back.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your kind words. I've never posted a picture on the boards and it actually inspired me to go for a run last night. I looked so darn happy! And I was! I remember being really disciplined on working out. I still ate 'junk' and drank beer, but somehow I managed to not let it get away from me.

I'm determined to get back to being that happy runner again.

You'll get there! I wish I could run, I think I'd really enjoy it, but I have an mechanically abnormal knee (had a tendon moved four years ago) and it really limits what I can do. Sometimes I can't even walk a mile, I wouldn't even dare try to run. I will probably never be able to run, and that sucks.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    Bumping incase anyone missed this thread that wants to share ;)
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Following, and thanks to those who posted pics! I'm not ready to post any yet. I'm a classic Apple shape at 243lbs, heaviest at 260 - unfortunately short at 5'2. I'm at that point in my "be active and healthy" journey where I start getting really frustrated because I see a difference in my but, thighs and arms, but still as big as ever in the stomach. I just want to find some jeans that fit tbh. I've always worn maternity jeans even when not preggo - they are the only jeans with enough room in the waist that fit right through the butt and thighs. Other jeans just look like clown pants or they give me a muffin top. Now that motherhood maternity cancelled their petite plus line I can't find anything that works. I'll be so happy if I can get down to an xl petite in maternity pants
  • HealthyAshes88888
    edited October 2017
    I'm 5'3.5". I definitely know the struggle with jeans! I feel as though my stomach hasn't changed either dropping 25lbs so far. But when I finally started measuring, that's what showed me it actually is! I think I would have to get really tiny to not have a belly anymore, which I don't plan on. I just want it to be alot smaller :)
  • roxvidican
    roxvidican Posts: 74 Member
    Also, yes, the belly doesn't fully disappear, apparently. I'm at 77 kgs now and still have it. I don't wanna go lower, but will definitely start weight training more seriously, maybe that'll do the trick! :wink:
  • HealthyAshes88888
    roxvidican wrote: »
    Also, yes, the belly doesn't fully disappear, apparently. I'm at 77 kgs now and still have it. I don't wanna go lower, but will definitely start weight training more seriously, maybe that'll do the trick! :wink:

You've done amazing! Congratulations on your loss! Thanks so much for sharing :)
  • roxvidican
    roxvidican Posts: 74 Member
    @HealthyAshes88888 Thank you! I'm surely we'll all get where we want one day, soon! :smiley:
  • jlmorris0525
    jlmorris0525 Posts: 11 Member
    Bump ☺
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!