300lb+ Club

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    You can ALL do it, I'm SO proud of you! Good days and bad, every day makes you stronger.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Total washout today. Not very happy
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    karenleona wrote: »
    Total washout today. Not very happy

I felt like this over the weekend. I ate horribly, some how I lost .2lbs from Friday to today. I logged and according to MFP was just right at maint. one day a little over. And there was some extra bites and tastes that were not logged. So it isn't always as bad as it seems.
  • jenjen65jr
    jenjen65jr Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey everyone, I just started dieting on September 19. I never knew these chats were here, I have just been using the diary part. Anyway my name is Jen and I would love to lose 100 pds. I have tried I know in the past at least 100 times to diet and keep falling off the wagon. I think I actually have the mind set to do this. I have cut out out all fried foods and bread's unless it's 100% whole wheat.I have cut out my sweets and switched to sugar free if I crave something. I weighed this morning and have lost 9 pounds. I am sooooooo shocked and excited. I normally would have already cheated but I haven't. When I started on the 19th I weighed 370 the heaviest I have ever been in my life.
  • allieimproves
    allieimproves Posts: 19 Member
    hi everyone! I was 382 lbs in June 2016 and started out just with walking and portion control. I got down to 330 by December, then I got pregnant :-) (this was a major reason I wanted to lose weight!). I stopped logging my food while preggers, but kept vigilant of my choices and portions and managed to lose 5 lbs during pregnancy. I just restarted logging my food (now 4 weeks postpartum) to get more focused again.

Altogether I'm down 72 lbs and counting. Getting out of the 300's is such a motivation for me right now. I've still got another 100+ to lose, but I'm focusing on sub-goals first.

299 here I come!

Feel free to add me as a friend for support!!
  • ReniRabbit
    ReniRabbit Posts: 2 Member
    I´m 300 and about to be 30... i work 16hrs most days and that makes everything so hard... i fell that without friends with the same objectives at me i wont be able to make it
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Hi, my name is Sara and when I started in Jan 2017 I was 410 - my highest weight. It took me a while to get the hang of things but I feel like it's finally clicked for me. I've lost 37ish pounds and I'm feeling way better and able to walk without pain so am trying to build back up to some sort of activity level! That's my biggest challenge right now. Calorie reduction has been key to my weight loss so far but I'm doing it slow and steady so it hasn't been too painful. The main lessons I've learned is to avoid hunger and to drink water and tea like their going out of style. That and bulking my intake with veggies are my go to tools. I'd love to support any and all as an MFP friend so please add me.
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    hi everyone! I was 382 lbs in June 2016 and started out just with walking and portion control. I got down to 330 by December, then I got pregnant :-) (this was a major reason I wanted to lose weight!). I stopped logging my food while preggers, but kept vigilant of my choices and portions and managed to lose 5 lbs during pregnancy. I just restarted logging my food (now 4 weeks postpartum) to get more focused again.

Altogether I'm down 72 lbs and counting. Getting out of the 300's is such a motivation for me right now. I've still got another 100+ to lose, but I'm focusing on sub-goals first.

299 here I come!

Feel free to add me as a friend for support!!

That's awesome and inspiring! Keep up the good work!
  • neesa_ross
    neesa_ross Posts: 39 Member
    ReniRabbit wrote: »
    I´m 300 and about to be 30... i work 16hrs most days and that makes everything so hard... i fell that without friends with the same objectives at me i wont be able to make it

It is harder to do when your friends don't have the same objectives. Feel free to add me!
  • lindsleyc
    lindsleyc Posts: 8 Member
    Just over 400 here. Could really use the accountability and support as I restart my journey. Turning 40 this year and want to make sure that the second half of my life is healthier than the first. Feel free to add me.
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    way to go!!
    That's a great achievement! keep that hard work going!

Hi, my name is Sara and when I started in Jan 2017 I was 410 - my highest weight. It took me a while to get the hang of things but I feel like it's finally clicked for me. I've lost 37ish pounds and I'm feeling way better and able to walk without pain so am trying to build back up to some sort of activity level! That's my biggest challenge right now. Calorie reduction has been key to my weight loss so far but I'm doing it slow and steady so it hasn't been too painful. The main lessons I've learned is to avoid hunger and to drink water and tea like their going out of style. That and bulking my intake with veggies are my go to tools. I'd love to support any and all as an MFP friend so please add me.

• gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    please feel free to add me for accountability and support, I started my journey at over 400lbs...im still on my journey but im closer than I was when I first started.
  • CoachJVO
    CoachJVO Posts: 15 Member
    Been having consistent weeks, and feel like this last one was pretty strong. Water intake has been above 100oz each day for about 4 1/2 months. Feel like I’m getting stronger each day. Looking forward to this week. Keep moving forward everyone. Just remember, “Without commitment, you’ll never start. And Without consistency you”ll never finish”. Have a great week.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Hi everyone. Just saw this thread and thought I'd post. I hit 310.6 last August and was also diagnosed with sleep apnea around the same time. I joined a gym with my sister and tracked calories for awhile and lost about 4 lbs in 2 months. Last October I joined Weight Watchers (for the billionth time lol) at 306.4 and I have been going up and down the same 15 lbs since then. Two weeks ago I decided to lower my carbs. I've always been very resistant to it, but it has been amazing in eliminating my cravings and hunger. I lost 3.6 the first week I did lower carbs and this week I gained 1 (pretty sure it's water retention due to TOM though). I'm going to continue to do lower carbs and monitor my calories on MFP and see how it goes. My sister and I are going to start going back to the gym next week. My first goal is to lose about 20% of my body weight from my initial high weight and get to 250 lbs so I can hopefully stop using the cPap. My ultimate goal is about 174. I'm currently at 301.6.
  • nicolega2001
    nicolega2001 Posts: 48 Member
    I started in January at 300 pounds am currently at 245. In a bit of a struggle after picking up 4 pounds on vacation last week, hoping to see the downward trend start again soon.

Don't stress it. It could just be water weight. If you were eating out a lot on vacation you may have been having more sodium than normal.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    I started somewhere between 420 and 430 about two months ago. I'm now a proud member of the 300 club again at 391.7 for my last weigh in.

Just found this site a few days ago and I love the food diary. It's much more convenient than trying to write it all down, and since I'm working at my computer pretty much from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep, this site is perfect for me.

I set a goal for one year and one month from the time I found this site based on the Harris-Benedict Equation combined with what I noticed my comfortable daily caloric intake has been for the past month. According to that, assuming everything goes as planned, I should be in the 200 club by the deadline at 245lbs. To be honest, I'll be ecstatic if I am within 30 pounds of that.

So far keto has made it effortless to eat less than 1700 calories a day. I usually consume between 1500 and 1600, but I set my daily goal for 1900. That's to give myself a motivational boost by seeing that I comfortably come in under my goal every day.

I've tried losing weight my whole life, and it has always been a battle of willpower. I seem to be about a best-case scenario for keto so far seeing as how it has made losing weight as easy as breathing.

I haven't started working out at the gym yet, but I have started doing some bodyweight exercises and light cardio for short periods over the last two days. (Not really enough exercise to mention yet, but I will anyway.) I don't want to shock my system into reverting to old habits... baby steps this time.

I know how difficult this can be and how heartbreaking failure can be so if I can ever help anyone here feel free to hit me up.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    @sgtx81 Welcome. It sounds like you're doing great! I'm not doing keto but I started eating lower carb a few weeks ago (averaging about 100 per day net carbs) and I've seen a huge reduction in cravings and hunger. My calories are 1810 per day and I'm not having any trouble sticking to that since I'm rarely hungry. So far in two weeks I've lost 2.6 and I weigh in again Saturday which will be almost three weeks of eating this way so I hope it continues downward. Good luck to you.
  • sgtx81
    @sgtx81 Welcome. It sounds like you're doing great! I'm not doing keto, but I started eating lower carb a few weeks ago (averaging about 100 per day net carbs) and I've seen a huge reduction in cravings and hunger. My calories are 1810 per day, and I'm not having any trouble sticking to that since I'm rarely hungry. So far in two weeks, I've lost 2.6, and I weigh in again Saturday which will be almost three weeks of eating this way, so I hope it continues downward. Good luck to you.

Awesome! I hope it keeps going well for you also! It's so much easier when you're not thinking about food, isn't it? If there was ever a true miracle "diet" this low carb stuff is it. Keep up the great work!
  • sgtx81
    bhoops75 wrote: »
    Started this year at 306. Lost 43 lbs between March and July. Then my Dad passed away suddenly, and I started my emotional eating again. I've gained 20 lbs in 3 months, and I'm back to finish what I started. Please feel free to add me. I'm great at supporting others and could some really good friends as well. Here's to new beginnings!

Sorry for your loss. I know how that can be. I had quit smoking cigarettes for about a year and then when my grandfather died I started up again and didn't quit for good for another decade. Congratulations on picking it up again. You rock!