C25k apps

Hey Everyone,

Looking for recommendations on C25k apps. I am not a runner in the least so very user friendly for a beginner would be great!

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    I used Zenlabs couch to 10k app. The first 8 weeks are the same as the 5k app and then it bridges to the 10k. It seems to be one of the popular ones around here. A lot of people also seem to like the Zombie Run app. I've never tried it, but those are usually the two that get recommendations here lately.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    I like Zenlabs as well. Its how I started running a little less than a year ago and I'll be running my first 10k in a few weeks. Since using the app its nothing for me to run several 5ks a week without getting exhausted or stopping during the run like I previously had. I used the free version.
  • MaryQueen26
    MaryQueen26 Posts: 141 Member
    Thank you! I just did my first day on Zenlabs. Here's to potentially becoming a "runner"!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Thank you! I just did my first day on Zenlabs. Here's to potentially becoming a "runner"!

GET GOOD SHOES.

Seriously, go to a running store, have a experienced salesperson watch you walk around and recommend shoes based on your gait. Do this before you really start running or you can hurt yourself.

Otherwise, the Zenn Labs is good. It's 8 weeks instead of 9 for some reason and there is a few days where she tells you you have 1 minute left in your run where you actually have a minute and a half. Annoyed the crap out of the accountant in me.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited October 2017

GET GOOD SHOES.

Seriously, go to a running store, have a experienced salesperson watch you walk around and recommend shoes based on your gait. Do this before you really start running or you can hurt yourself.

Otherwise, the Zenn Labs is good. It's 8 weeks instead of 9 for some reason and there is a few days where she tells you you have 1 minute left in your run where you actually have a minute and a half. Annoyed the crap out of the accountant in me.

Couldn't agree more!! Shoes are your "equipment" so they are worth the investment.