Tired, sleepy, fatigued?

Is anyone experiencing sleepiness or get extra worn out after physical activity? Could me being overweight be contributing to this issue?
I try to get a good nights rest and eat healthy foods at the proper time, but i just feel so exhausted exercising and doing basic stuff like walking for an hour. How can I prevent this?

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Unless there's an underlying health issue, my take on it is that as your fitness improves so will your energy levels. I get 7-8 hours sleep a night and get up at 5am to go to the gym. I still get tired and sometimes take a nap after work. For me, it doesn't matter if I get enough sleep, just getting up at 5am makes me tired.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    How big is your calorie deficit?
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    cazm335 wrote: »
    Is anyone experiencing sleepiness or get extra worn out after physical activity? Could me being overweight be contributing to this issue?
    I try to get a good nights rest and eat healthy foods at the proper time, but i just feel so exhausted exercising and doing basic stuff like walking for an hour. How can I prevent this?

I think everyone does when beginning a new program, starting a fitness routine for the first time or in the months when they are extremely focused on getting to the gym. Your body will adjust. I'm assuming you aren't over exerting yourself. Just stay dedicated and as time goes on it will get easier and your energy levels will adjust. I still get sleepy and *exhausted* (where it literally hurts to move because muscles are so worn down and need rest) when I go too hard in the gym. Your body is only made to take so much, but it's also made to adjust to the environment it's placed in so you have to find balance. Make sure you are eating a decent amount of calories and not just exercising away every little bite you take and ensure you get a good night's sleep.