Stop me from eating cake

Options
I am having gastric sleeve surgery in January. I have to get my weight from 291 to under 277 before December!! I am looking for good friends and buddies! My name is Bethany !

Replies

• bmusic994
    bmusic994 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I am aware, I’ve now started my 5 small meals a day, and only eating 10 oz at a time. Just trying to get my body and mind use to it. Add me! Good job!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bmusic994 wrote: »
    I am having gastric sleeve surgery in January. I have to get my weight from 291 to under 277 before December!! I am looking for good friends and buddies! My name is Bethany !

We can't do that... you need to figure out how you do it yourself.
  • atyrone
    atyrone Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How did you got to that stage?
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Unsure on any advice but I wish you all luck and I hope this app helps in your journey!
  • frank8311798
    frank8311798 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don’t eat it! Do NOT give in!!! You know that an hour after you’ve eaten the chocolate cake you will regret it anyway. Mentally focus on achieving your goal - imagine how you will feel after hitting your goal — and compare that to how bad you’ll feel after you’ve eaten the chocolate cake. You need to trade the short-term pleasure (which only lasts while you’re eating) of the sugar with the long-term pleasure of achieving your weight loss goal! Good luck.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen the Bob Newhart show? The Stop It! skit is quite funny

https://media.giphy.com/media/RfhnaMMs0rMaI/giphy.gif
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    giphy.gif

Have you ever seen the Bob Newhart Show? the Stop It! skip is pretty funny
  • bmusic994
    bmusic994 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bmusic994 wrote: »

We can't do that... you need to figure out how you do it yourself.

Lol. Well obviously? It’s just a funny quote.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why people who prove they can lose weight go on through with the surgery.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What's a gastric sleeve?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What's a gastric sleeve?

It is not a shirt to prevent heartburn. Imagine, if you will, an empty stomach. Now, imagine, a sheet of rubber.
    Wrap the rubber around the empty stomach and glue two ends of the rubber sheet together to form a tube snugly enclosing the empty stomach. Sew up the patient and warn the patient to eat small portions as the stomach can no longer expand to accommodate big meals. That's a gastric sleeve.
  • NoLimitAsLimit
    NoLimitAsLimit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What's a gastric sleeve?

It is not a shirt to prevent heartburn. Imagine, if you will, an empty stomach. Now, imagine, a sheet of rubber.
    Wrap the rubber around the empty stomach and glue two ends of the rubber sheet together to form a tube snugly enclosing the empty stomach. Sew up the patient and warn the patient to eat small portions as the stomach can no longer expand to accommodate big meals. That's a gastric sleeve.

Wow. Thanks.

Very interesting procedure. The only problem is it doesn't tackle the cause of the overeating.