Early mornings

Night shift done so its time for a 5am workout! Bonuses.....empty gym so get stuff done, nobody to take the mickey out of me, and straight to bed after to sleep it off!

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    I enjoy getting up at 5am to hit the gym and have all the machines to myself.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I was a little disappointed to find out there's still quite a few people at the gym at 5am. I was hoping for it to be empty. Stupid over achievers.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    My alarm goes off at 3:45 in order to get gym time in before work. I WISH I could go to bed after my work out. LOL
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Oh I love early morning workouts!! But I work out from the comfort of my living room with workout videos.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    when I used to go to the gym early in the morning (arriving there between 5.30 and 6am) there were people leaving all showered and dressed ready for work.

God knows what time Id have to get there for it to be empty lol
  • karinschoultz
    karinschoultz Posts: 50 Member
    Get up 4 days a week at 415 to make my 5am bootcamp class. I have been doing this for 6 years now and love it.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    It's not so bad once you get in the habit, although some days I do question my sanity when the alarm goes off at 4:55 am.
  • nw623
    nw623 Posts: 38 Member
    Early morning workouts are the best! Nobody is around and you usually get the gym to yourself, except for a few others that feel the same way.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Makes it so much easier when you can go home and take the dogs for a walk after the gym! For about a week they wanted to go out before I left. Now, my alarm goes off at 4:30am, they go to their "rooms" like we'll see you in about 2 hours!
  • WildBill_CQ
    WildBill_CQ Posts: 106 Member
    I have no energy after work to hit the gym. That's why I get up at 4:30 AM. Usually see the same 4 people there with me. lol

• PeteLincoln2910mfp
    PeteLincoln2910mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Got to admit there were a few in at 530am so they have the same idea but it was nice to get home, shower, see my partner off to work and then sleep. Because i woke up later i also feel more awake on night shift. This is all good
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    I absolutely love my 5:00am workouts! It's the only 'me' time I get all day. Anyone feel free to add me. Let's motivate each other!
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    I work rotating shifts days and nights from 6:30 to 6:30. I try to workout while I am at work whenever possible but on days I prefer to workout in the evening and on nights I prefer to workout when I wake up. By the time I work a 12 hour shift my body is ready for sleep and I couldn't imagine trying to hit the gym before going home.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    When you guys gym in the morning, are you going alone or meeting a partner there? I need morning motivation
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    IndianCat3 wrote: »
    When you guys gym in the morning, are you going alone or meeting a partner there? I need morning motivation

I go alone. I'm cranky in the morning and I don't want to deal with being social until I've worked up some endorphins and I'm on my second energy drink.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    I run alone in the early AM. Like Cbean above, I don't like to deal with people in the early morning. For that matter, in this neighborhood, I do not like to deal with people in general, but especially not before I am somewhat coherent.

Getting my run out of the way early has always been my preference. This leaves my after work time as my own. Granted it took some time for my body to adjust to this. It was pretty brutal those first couple of weeks, but now I am so used to it that it has become SOP for me.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    I go alone. Don't want to talk to anyone. My motivation is driven through my app (Stong) and personal goals.