6 lbs to goal

GirlGettingFit37
GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
edited October 2017 in Success Stories
bvveyp9v4ce0.jpeg

I can’t believe I am typing these words. I am 6 lbs from my first goal weight. It’s been a long time in the making. I started my journey Jan. 2010 at 245 lbs and lost 75 lbs over 3 years. I lost my Uncle and Dad 4 months within one another and gained it back slowly over time. I pulled myself out of that hole on Feb 2016 and recommitted to my journey. I started this time weighing 217 lbs. I now weigh 151 and my goal weight is 145 lbs. I am proof that persistence pays off. Never give up and always keep moving forward.

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    That’s awesome. Great progress, congrats :)
  • GirlGettingFit37
    rickc74 wrote: »
    That’s awesome. Great progress, congrats :)

Thank you!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    You rock
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Wow!!
  • GirlGettingFit37
    ldtamika31 wrote: »
    You rock

Thanks
  • ypetrou
    ypetrou Posts: 9 Member
    Well done keep it up!
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Great job! You look happy and healthy.
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Thanks so much for posting. I think our shapes are similar and I would love to lose another 50 and have a similar profile.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 354 Member
    You look wonderful- congratulation! Besides your nice figure, your face looks so healthy and happy (and very pretty)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Very well done. Persistence paid off and you look great.
    Make sure its a lifestyle now and maintain your success.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Wonderful- You are such an inspiration- Keep going - when it gets to the last few pounds it seems so long- but eventually you WILL get there
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Amazing progress! Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    HOLY CRAP!!!!! You are AH-MAZING!!!!!! <3<3<3
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    You are an inspiration to us all!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    You look like a million bucks (tax-free)!

Thank you for taking the time to post, you have no idea how inspirational and encouraging this is to me and untold hundreds (maybe thousands) of others. <3o:)<3

1*GX4TtZiuNaaEz2a7k0WZpg.gif
  • GirlGettingFit37
    vkmango4 wrote: »
    Amazing progress! Thanks for sharing. If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?
    I’m 5’6”
  • provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Wow. Amazing job twice! So sorry for your losses.
  • LowCarber49
    LowCarber49 Posts: 4 Member
    Amazing job, did you stick to a certain amount of calories per day? Did you exercise often.. you look great. and very inspirational to me.. I am where you started and am the same height.. thanks for any other info you can provide, I am not sure how many calories a day I should be sticking to.. or if I should focus on low carb.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    That Wonder Woman tshirt is very appropriate - what a great job! Well done and good luck with those last 6lbs - you can do this!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!