OMG I've found it: The best thing since sliced bread!!

Replies

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Today I picked up Lemon Cake Halo Top and Frozen Hot Chocolate Enlightened. Can't wait to try them.
    I usually eat 1/4 to 1/2 of the pint at a time, just a couple of times a week - so I have been able to avoid any potential intestinal distress.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Haven’t seen this is Canada.. yet.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You might say I'm a fan.

g4xfl1xs0b99.jpg

Have you made it through all those yet?

I bought a pint of mint chocolate chip a few months ago but am still hesitant on trying it. I prefer to save calories for regular ice cream.
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    You must be new here. :D

Lol no...just late to join the bandwagon and wanted to see what everyone's faves were lol
    You might say I'm a fan.

g4xfl1xs0b99.jpg

Epic. Haha! I regret not stocking up while they had the BOGO sale running. I have a deep freezer I could have totally stocked up like you clearly have lol!
    CMNVA wrote: »
    Just make sure you don't eat it before you have to do something. There is a certain group of people who are quite sensitive to the heavy load of artificial sweetener (it might be eryithritol, I can't remember) and it can cause intestinal distress. But if you're okay with that, then enjoy!!

I'm glad I don't suffer from any of the side effects others are listing because this is seriously the best thing that ever happened to me ( food wise :lol: ) Now if only I could find a salty crunchy miracle snackaroo I'd be set :tongue:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You might say I'm a fan.

g4xfl1xs0b99.jpg

Have you made it through all those yet?

I bought a pint of mint chocolate chip a few months ago but am still hesitant on trying it. I prefer to save calories for regular ice cream.

Still working through it, have a few left, lol. The grocery store had a BOGO sale and we took full advantage of it.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I found a pint of vanilla in my freezer yesterday that I thought I had thrown out. I gave it another shot and just couldn't do it. Something about the texture and chemically way too sweet taste just turns me off to this stuff.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    TorStar80 wrote: »
    Haven’t seen this is Canada.. yet.
    It won't be showing up in Canada, unfortunately. :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I found a pint of vanilla in my freezer yesterday that I thought I had thrown out. I gave it another shot and just couldn't do it. Something about the texture and chemically way too sweet taste just turns me off to this stuff.

You're supposed to let it thaw for a while though.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I'm another non-fan. Not so much that it tastes chemical-y or otherwise bad to me, nor that my digestive system rebels.

I just find it curiously unsatisfying, like I just ate nothing.

I'd rather eat Greek yogurt with some chocolate PB2 and frozen fruit, or budget for an individual cup of Edy's slow-churned, or even for actual gelato.

I threw out most of a pint of Halo Top recently (after trying 3-4 different flavors previously). It just never seemed worth even its paltry calories. <shrug>
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Oatmeal Cookie I really like from Halo. Though now at my local grocer, Mariano's (subsidiary of Kroger's), they have several competing brands that I have grown to prefer over Halo. Low Cow in particular, and it's cheaper.

How much is Low Cow? Walmart has Halo Top for $3.88.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    You might say I'm a fan.

g4xfl1xs0b99.jpg

Bows down! I thought my recent purchase of 27 Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake (limited edition flavor to Walmart last December & now at Grocery Outlet for $1.99) was good, but this puts my stash to shame haha.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    I just bought a pint of the peanut butter cup (my favorite flavor of ANYTHING) for about $4.50. If I like it, I'll get some more only when it's on sale... it can be one of my "treats" that I only buy when I can get a deal. Can't try it today; calories are just about where they need to be.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Here's my problem with Halo Top deliciousness....if I really let it sit long enough to get soft and awesome, it's virtually impossible for me to eat just one serving. Pint done and done.
  • Yuck! It tastes salty to me. I'd rather have real ice cream, just less of it.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    I like mint chip. The cookies and cream had a weird flavor to me. I ended up throwing it away. Even though I live with a teenage boy who inhales ice cream on a nightly basis, no one would eat it.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Here's my problem with Halo Top deliciousness....if I really let it sit long enough to get soft and awesome, it's virtually impossible for me to eat just one serving. Pint done and done.

Have you tried keeping it on the freezer door? Mine is perfect eating consistency right off the door after more than 24 hours in the freezer.

I do like it, and I don't know if I would have noticed an aftertaste unless I'd already read so many reviews that said it had one, so I was looking for it. It's something that will definitely help keep me out of more calorie-heavy frozen desserts, so it will serve its purpose.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    I'm ready to find the Halo Top Gingerbread!

I've given up on finding the other newer pints.
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    I gave it a try with mint and chip and it was disgusting I couldn't eat it and threw it out. I'm scared to try another flavor.