What book are you reading?

Replies

• nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    The warded man. Peter Brett. I probably should be reading it now instead of lurking and commenting here
  • These24Hours
    These24Hours Posts: 1,382 Member
    Eve000123 wrote: »
    Yay book discussions! I'm currently reading the invisible man by Ralph Ellison. Brilliant!

Great book!
  • These24Hours
    I've read a few fiction escapism books by John Sandford but about to get back to reading through Hemingway and finish Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
  • It by Stephen King. I’ve always loved his novels and wanted to read this one before seeing the film.
  • jacquelynkay
    jacquelynkay Posts: 149 Member
    Work manual at the moment.
  • These24Hours
    Work manual at the moment.

What kind of work, @jacquelynkay ? Could be interesting. Lol
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Sexting for dummies
  • alienette
    alienette Posts: 14 Member
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    Just finished Into the Water by Paula Hawkins and Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane. Almost done with Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes.

Did you read/enjoy Paula's previous book and would you recommend this one based on that?
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    alienette wrote: »
    Just finished Into the Water by Paula Hawkins and Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane. Almost done with Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes.

Did you read/enjoy Paula's previous book and would you recommend this one based on that?

very much had the same feel and flow as Girl on a Train. It wasn't bad.
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    I love reading and I love Mark Billingham, just got one more to go in the Tom Thorne series
  • alienette
    alienette Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2017
    alienette wrote: »

very much had the same feel and flow as Girl on a Train. It wasn't bad.

Thanks! Was quite curious about her new book, will have to move it onto the want to read list :smile:
  • katenix08
    katenix08 Posts: 31 Member
    I love general science books and I'm currently reading A Crack in Creation: Gene Editing and the Unthinkable Power to Control Evolution. @unfilterednate If you like that you should read his play Marx in Soho. @JeepHair77 Have you read her book Her Fearful Symmetry? Still get the chills when I remember bits of that plot
  • unfilterednate
    unfilterednate Posts: 905 Member
    @katenix08 I would absolutely read another one of Howard's books, thanks for the suggestion I'll look it up. My next book is Alvin Toffler's Future Shock.. I find it interesting that you're reading about genetics, I also have an interest I recently finished a book about mitochondrial eve.
  • ladyrkill
    ladyrkill Posts: 12 Member
    Current book reads are The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg, Company Town by Madeline Ashby and A Gathering of Shadows by V.E.Schwab. Also reading the graphic novels Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fables by Bill Willingham. There are a few other books I am sort of reading but have put down for the time being.
  • mlh6468
    mlh6468 Posts: 47 Member
    Column of Fire by Ken Follett (part of the Pillars of the Earth series)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Ham on Rye Gharles Bukowski
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy and Gone by Lisa Gardner
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy and Gone by Lisa Gardner

Have you read Find Her by Lisa Gardner? I had never read any of her books until this one and now I'll have to put her name on my list of authors to read.