How much have you lost in 3 months?

Replies

• rahimlj
    rahimlj Posts: 239 Member
    7 lbs so far.
  • MissMeans
    MissMeans Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a newbie. Just started my first day of intermittent fasting…hoping to have results as great as you all!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    In my first three months I lost about 35 pounds (I started at 307 pounds). Then I took a three-four month diet break. I haven't been back three months yet.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    18 lbs and still going. it took me a little while to find exercise I liked and I've gotten the hang of tracking food. Finally in "Obese I" from Obese II at BMI.
  • Disney50Girl
    Disney50Girl Posts: 3 Member
    This is so inspiring....slow and steady which means healthy. I want to ask ALL of you - was this by eating a normal diet (i.e. containing carbs) or was this doing NO or Low carb?
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    I've lost 12 lbs in 3 months, but the last 3 months I've dropped only 4 lbs. I'm not doing any no/low carb thing; I'm just working on consistency of logging/exercising while keeping my macros balanced. It's slow but non-miserable which is key since I'm close to goal.
  • HealthyAshes88888
    HealthyAshes88888 Posts: 1,248 Member
    This is so inspiring....slow and steady which means healthy. I want to ask ALL of you - was this by eating a normal diet (i.e. containing carbs) or was this doing NO or Low carb?

Honestly I eat mostly what I ate before I started tracking. I've cleaned it up eating less of the goodies but they do still show up in my diary :) I stick around 1250cals
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2017

'normal' diet - there are some foods I am avoiding because it's just too high in calories, or doesn't taste good anymore, or isn't worth it generally (mostly a lot of pastas and fast foods) but I still eat every day things like snack yogurts and will have splurgy type foods (homemade alfredo) on occassion. the biggest thing for me was realizing calories are basically a budget for the day and keeping it around that budget. i tried giving up my coffee and creamer - did not work for me at all - so now i just figure it in to the total and don't get stressed about a 200+ cal cup of coffee.

ETA I'm around 1400 cal a day give or take 200 depending on the day.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    24 pounds and that was the easiest part of my journey so far. The rest of my 40 that I've lost has been very very slow going!
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    20 pounds in 90 days. I have been using this first 90-day window to learn about how my body and how its 60-year-old metabolism responds to certain foods. I also use intermittent fasting and, aside from a little walking and strength training, have not done very much daily exercise. I still have at least another 55 pounds to lose but am trying to do so with a realistic eating and exercise plan I can live with long-term, not a short-term program that I will abandon at some point and gain all the weight back (and more). Tracking my meals and trying to make them fit within my macros has been the key to my success so far. I had my resting metabolism rate checked at a local university and found it runs around 1100 calories, which is probably why I found myself gaining weight on a 1500-calorie diet. I consider all foods in my eating plan and don't classify them as "good" or "bad" but closely monitor portion size. However, I also found that I am carb-sensitive, so by following a lower-carb eating plan most days, I eat around 1200 calories a day and don't eat back all of any exercise calories I earn.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    I've lost sixteen pounds since July 20th.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    15.2 lbs. I eat pretty high carb (50-70% of calories from carbs).
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    6 lbs...man, I need more discipline in my diet!
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    9lbs in the last 3 months. 25lbs in the first 3 months.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited October 2017

I've lost mine by eating a normal diet, and I generally eat 1400-1450 calories a day. I'm about twelve pounds from my goal weight so I expect the loss will start to slow down a bit. (Half pound a week instead of one.)
  • Vicham76
    Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
    I have lost 54.4 lbs in my first 3 months. SW 380. I eat 2000 -2200 cals per day and either walk or row for 30 minutes a day first thing in the morning to kick start the burn!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    17.6 lbs
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    edited October 2017
    36 pounds in 90 days exactly

Since 21July
  • cejones1980
    cejones1980 Posts: 7 Member
    I am right around three months and have lost 27. But, I am down 37 from my highest weight which was about a month before I started keeping track.
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 159 Member
    I think close to 20 pounds but it could have been more. I have had much inconsistency.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!