Sober October 2017

Replies

• FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    gogiegags wrote: »
    Would love to do this challenge too. Alcohol MAIN cause of my weight gain and terrible skin

Yes! My skin is terrible right now, so just dry and lackluster, I can't wait to see changes in that. :-)
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Blew it the last two days. No excuse - I let myself give in. Starting fresh again until Saturday night when we're hosting Thanksgiving dinner - I'll let myself have up to three glasses of wine but over several hours.
  • costellomom
    costellomom Posts: 18 Member
    mqlitiq8nysa.png
    I'm calling MFP out for a Coors Light Ad on their blog. Really? Really???
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    mqlitiq8nysa.png
    I'm calling MFP out for a Coors Light Ad on their blog. Really? Really???

Ads are based on your internet history. MFP has zero to do with what ads you see on the site.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Ok today will be 2 days this month of abstaining. I am happy that I am seeing progress!
  • costellomom
    costellomom Posts: 18 Member
    I wonder what I looked at that would link me to Coors Light??? LMAO I'm on my phone a lot but never have I ever... Hahaha
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I wonder what I looked at that would link me to Coors Light??? LMAO I'm on my phone a lot but never have I ever... Hahaha

Was wondering the same thing? Coors light? Ugh no
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 320 Member
    Really wanted a drink at one point last night. Even so far as to go through my mind about the next day. Had to "think through the drink".

You know your not drinking when you start having dreams again. Like weird ones.

I'm up, passed on my 5am alarm and pushed it to 6:00. I'll get my workout in this afternoon. My favorite Happy Hour spot lately is The Iron Bar. No 12 oz curls allowed. Squats, deadlifts and presses only.

Happy Friday everyone. Make is a dry one.

BTW: Remind me how to automatically subscribe to this thread. I'm not getting any notifications from "Sober October"
  • PurpleLavender77
    PurpleLavender77 Posts: 201 Member
    I think if you hit the star on the right at the top of the thread, it goes into your bookmarked threads.

I have been having a lot of dreams too.
  • no44s4me
    no44s4me Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks for this thread. I know I've been needing to make a change for sometime and this thread has brought it home. I've lost over 50 lbs, kept it off for a couple of years, but this is the last outlier. I drink too often, too much, and my drink of choice is craft beer. My goal is to start Sunday, go 30 days (I'm thinking Veteran's Day) and reassess my drinking future from there. Thanks again for putting this in front of me. Sure am looking forward to sleeping good again!