Sarah's September Conference Challenge

2»

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    No gain, thats awesome!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Thanks! I am still in shock...It's funny how the mind works - I had convinced myself that I'd gained weight -
    how could I not have with all the stuff I ate! We had fondue twice in a week and I could hardly walk both times I was so full...

But even after having to replace 2 pairs of pants while I was away because they were swimming on me (I bought the exact same Athleta pants in a size 8 and asked the friend we stayed with after the conference to give the size 12s to charity for me!) I don't fully trust the process.

Definitely doing this for the rest of my life!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Very nice! That is a great success story. Traveling can be the hardest but you were able to do it and prove things work!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Totally awesome!!
  • minigrrll
    Thanks guys!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I was predicting this based on my own OMAD travel experiences. My fears did not materialize and I actually lost a little despite a few indulgences. It's funny how people don't really pay to much attention if you just sit there with a drink during lunch. They're too wrapped up in their own world to pay much attention. And fasting while flying? That is easy, just take a look at that stuff they call food. Awful.
    Good job.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Awesome awesome awesome job dear! What a win!
  • minigrrll
    Thanks guys! What really amazed me was how much I looked forward to not eating. And how much better i feel when I'm not constantly stuffing food into my face. Crazy - never ever thought I'd enjoy not eating!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Fantastic victory Sarah :) It's empowering to feel the effects of eating freestyle as opposed to eating one meal. I had three non OMAD days this past week I definitely felt bloated, tired and overwhelmed that I lost control. Made me realize how much better I feel over all doing OMAD.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yes it's why I do the longer fasts too! It's a pain but you feel weirdly good lol
  • minigrrll
    I can sort of see that now with doing the one longer (only 34 hours but still way long for me) fast. The only reason I really broke my fast then was because of the delicious looking cocktails. And it was nice and warm and we were sitting on a patio and there's really not much nicer than lunchtime cocktails on a patio!!
  • minigrrll
    edited September 2017
    Here is a bonus picture of my colleagues from my company who attended the meeting in San Diego last week. That's about half our wonderful company. (I figure the pic is ok to post as I just downloaded it off our twitter feed.). I'm the one third from the left. For some reason I look really short and my face looks really fat! Pretty sure I'm not that short or fat-faced in real life (though, who knows!). Actually the picture looks very odd, proportions of some of the others are off too, weird. Also note that I am the only one wearing Brikenstocks! Ha! I have about a billion pairs of them - and to be fair those are a pretty darned fancy pair!! :D

kgsp09rd0tuu.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Ohhh you look really cute! But..you did make me LOL literally by your self imposed description. We are so harsh and critical of ourselves! You look quite a bit different from your mfp picture...maybe it's because you seem to have lighter hair in the mfp pic. What do you do for a living? Are you in HR? Although you mentioned once that you are a heavy duty mathematician...math is the only thing I was passionate about in school.
  • minigrrll
    I think it might be partly the lighting in the pictures - though I am in a constant battle between the sun and my hair colour, so maybe it was a little lighter back in May when the MFP pic is from. (I really need to change that picture). I like it darker, the sun constantly bleaches it, I get it coloured! I guess I should wear a hat when I'm walking - I'd probably save a lot of money at the hairdresser...

Yes we are critical, thinking about it, I'd never say that about anybody else! But my face does look odd... :)

I have a math degree - I love math. I'm actually in IT though (also have a computer science degree) - healthcare IT specifically, which is a very small incestuous subset of IT. I've worked in the UK, Australia and the US and work with many of the same people. There are actually people who live in the same city as me in Australia who I only ever see overseas at our meetings. Crazy! I work for a very small American consultancy - we all work from home. Most awesome job I've ever had - I love all the people I work with - they are some of the best in the world at what we do.

Me in HR makes me laugh - I'd be the single worst HR person in the world! Give me a nice predictable computer over people any day! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Sarah you look so cute! And tiny! I agree you look different (imo better) in the two you've posted then in your mfp pic! You look young and vibrant! Must be this great meal plan you're on ;);)
  • katjustkat
    edited September 2017
    Sarah it's so great you love your job! My daughter is in HR and works from home. Haha...she always says she hates people so it must come with the territory of...too many people... You're very pretty in both pictures!
    Steph, you're a cutie too! You remind me of tinkerbell: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/19/Tinker_Bell_Official_Pose.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140901063924&imgrefurl=http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Tinker_Bell&h=953&w=500&tbnid=krfk3pXHvwFdrM:&tbnh=186&tbnw=97&usg=__zz5nhTZuNnUblZxyA0VJO5R3BWQ=&vet=10ahUKEwiRkqy1nr_WAhXIxlQKHaNqDOcQ_B0IqgEwEw..i&docid=XsqlU94bxd_hXM&itg=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRkqy1nr_WAhXIxlQKHaNqDOcQ_B0IqgEwEw&ei=32LIWdGmD8iN0wKj1bG4Dg
    Wouldn't it be great to really be a fairy? Haha...I always wanted super powers :D
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Awesome report about your conference. Sitting there not eating lunch - admire that. I've done it a couple of times. It's amazing how easily both companions and the wait staff accept the fact you don't want to eat. You look adorable in your picture - no, you do NOT have a fat face!!
  • minigrrll
    Thanks!