Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• misswizard
    misswizard Posts: 39 Member
    Hi there! I've used MFP before but was way too restrictive, started to demonise a lot of foods, and ended up giving up. I've lost 5kg so far (about 11lbs) with a much healthier approach, and think this group will be great to keep me accountable long-term. I'm hoping to lose about 10kg more and will re-assess when I get there.
    I'm 26 and from Melbourne, Australia :)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Hi guys! I'm Michelle. I'd been maintaining for about 6 months, but have recently bounced about 5-10 lbs above my comfy maintenance range, so I'm back to weight loss mode now. I like the group weekly weigh ins, helps with accountability and sense of community :smile:
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm new! My name is Britt, and I am looking to get to 125 and maintain in a range of 125-129. My highest weight ever was 179+ (I know I weighed more than 179 at some point but I didn't want to see the 180s), and the last time I weighed was on August 1 at 153.4. I am hoping this month has put me in the 140s, but I have been focusing mainly on building fitness habits this month. Next month will be a focus on weight loss, and I would love to have the group accountability here :)
  • Nurturegirl
    Nurturegirl Posts: 83 Member
    Hi my name is Ang and I see this group as an excellent way to cement my commitment to losing weight.

• mwoitach
    mwoitach Posts: 39 Member
    Hi!!! Have not been on FP for a few weeks. My son got married and I planned on taking s break. Had pumpkin ice cream last night before starting back - just so it wasn't calling my name all week. So ready to get back to a routine of eating and exercise. There's some damage but I won't know how much until I weigh in Friday. Surprisingly - I am so happy to be writing this message and getting reconnected. Good Luck this week everyone!!! We can do this!!!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    @mwoitach welcome back :smile:
  • mandyme211
    mandyme211 Posts: 26 Member
    Hello!

My name is Amanda and I've recently started using MFP regularly again, although I've had the app for about 3 years. I joined this group for motivation and to be held accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend! I really want to be healthy and feel better in my body!

SW: 187
    GW: 120
    CW: 174.3 (last time I weighed was 9/29/17)
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Hi everyone KT here. Trying to lose 25lbs with physical limitations. Have lost 5.6lbs so far. Would love some support and motivation on the journey.
  • mihimamao
    mihimamao Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey folks, pretty new to mfp, moving toward my forever lifestyle! Started here 2 October 2017 @ 130 kilos, today I'm @ 124.7 kilos and goal is 80 kilos .. I am trying to design my own program around my needs as I have intolerances wheat/dairy/soy/peanut/cod/egg whites plus I am semi-vegetarian and moving towards a meat-free existance so I am in a experimental and transitional phase looking at as much info advice etc as I can. Am glad to have found this group to keep me real :-)
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    I have been here for about 2 months but just starting this weight check in. Lost a little more than normal with a stomach virus the last two days. Finally feeling better and eat. Today I am not counting my calories just recording what I have eaten, after two days of not keeping food down. I decide I could eat what I wanted to today. (So far spirit and crackers for the most part) It my 4 year anniversary and my Husband has what I have. Looks like take out from Panera for our dinner tonight. Soup sounds good to me. My birthday is in 3 weeks and I am hoping to hit the 20 pound mark, I am at 18 loss this morning.
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 139 Member
    Hi There! I am Heidi.. Have been on FP for many years, slumped away and now back with the hopes of gaining a sense of community and accomplishment. I just can't do it alone. I am 59 years old right now.. and turn 60 in 2 days.... TWO days! Ugh. I want to exercise more and eat less.. that works, right? Thanks for being here!!!

SW: 143
    GW: 125
  • chardonais21
    chardonais21 Posts: 219 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi all, new here - hoping I can join! Started the beginning of October with a goal to lose 35lbs - weight that has crept up on me in the last couple of years due to a lot of inactivity.....

SW: 185
    GW :150
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m looking to lose just over a stone and I would love to give and receive some support. I currently am a member of Slimming World. I’ve just been diagnosed with prediabetic and I’m eating low-carb meals. I’m still trying to work out if the two are compatible! Good luck to everyone.
  • rochellelevy
    rochellelevy Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’ve recently started using MFP again. I’ve put on about 40lbs over the last 2 years after a stressful relationship and work. I don’t feel great about myself and need to gain some control and take some accountability. I’d like to about 50lbs.

SW: 186.5
    GW: 135
  • Heatherpc2
    Heatherpc2 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm back on the wagon and have lost 24 pounds within the last year. I still have about 40 more to go so I'm looking for encouragement and motivation!

SW: 191
    GW: 150
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Hi, I'm Pam. I have lost over 50 pounds but gained some back. I have found what I beleive to be my "happy weight" and am striving to get back to that. The magic number for me is 125. I have about a 10% loss to meet that goal and try to stick to it "this time around" I am almost to day 500 on My Fitness Pal. Longest ever committment for me. I didn't always do the right thing everyday but most days I am consistent. I work out every day and actually have come to enjoy running!
    Love any new friends that would like to add me. I love to give and receive positive feedback and honest, heartfelt advice.
  • lamamo88
    lamamo88 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I'm Lana. I lost 24 lbs at the start of the year between march and July. Then my mum died and I've piled it all back on, plus a couple of bonus lbs. I need to take control again. Current weight is 188lb and goal would be around 150lb
  • dakatude
    dakatude Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, My name is Kelly. SW:260 GW:122 CW:228 I had my three lovely children all within 4 years and as a result I gained a ton of weight. My youngest is now 9. Think it's about time I take my body back!
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 81 Member
    Hello, I am Jeannie. SW 218: GW 140: CW 212.5. I have spent the last 30 years taking care of everyone else, from kids to the husband. It's time for me. I'm done with this non stop up and down.
  • messycreator
    messycreator Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I am Lisa. SW is 198. I have three kids 13, 11, and 8. I am a very active person, but not physically fit. I miss being able to do activities because of my weight and want to feel strong again. I want to actually feel better about going to the pool and beach this summer. I want to feel better in my clothes too. I am sick of my double chin and how I look in the mirror. I am sick of my belly looking like it is eternally pregnant. I care for my mother who has heart failure and wonder if that is my path from obesity because I now see, as an adult, that my entire family struggles with obesity. My sugar addictions are negatively influencing my kids and I feel a responsibility to get myself together to serve as a better role model. My fitness goal is to eventually run a half marathon, do a bridge, and get up from the floor with out having to do the beached whale role... and... out run my son! Ha ha ha I wanted to join the weekly weigh-in group because the accountability helps me a lot. These are my affirmations that I have written elsewhere so I dont forget why i am working so hard.