Did your weight loss cause you to take an increased interest in fashion?

JustRobby1
JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
Or did you change your style of dress at all as a result?

Replies

• iamomx2
    iamomx2 Posts: 21 Member
    Yes...I'm using the $$$ I used to spend on WW for smaller clothes!!! WOW!!! :-D
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    I feel like I have more options. More clothes that fit my body and also my body feels more worthy to be seen.
  • jmbeckford
    jmbeckford Posts: 22 Member
    yes! now i can actually wear the clothes i like instead of what fits and covers me up. looking forward to summer for the first time in years!
  • KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    For me, yes. Overall confidence change so I suddenly enjoy shopping and putting myself together
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I am more confident wearing more styles, but I still hate clothes shopping most of the time as my body is no easier to buy clothes for. Things rarely fit properly and I get frustrated - I realise I can have things altered, but that adds extra expense!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    No...I've always been a t-shirt and shorts or t-shirt and jeans guy. At least I don't have a belly hanging out of my shirts these days and the new, more tapered and fitted t-shirts look fine on me...used to look ridiculous.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Not really. I've always had very little interest in fashion or make up. The only thing now is that I'm not dressing in a style solely to cover figure flaws. I simply pick out things I like, and they tend to have simple lines in solid colors.

I don't really like clothes shopping, and get more excited about buying running clothes/shoes than regular clothes.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    For sure! But not in a way that I actually care about brands or fashion if that makes sense. I went from wearing pj pants (or "dressing up" with yoga pants) and almost exclusively wearing my husbands shirts to dressing like a woman.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Nah. I'd wear my black (or sometimes white) uniform with gold epaulets every day if I could get away with it.
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Definitely! It's frustrating, though, because I have to keep buying clothes that fit my new frame. After a few months I'm down another size or two and the clothes I just bought become frumpy again. It's happened twice now. In January I bought a few pairs of size 8's as my goal pants. Now they're all like parachute pants on me! So I bought a few 6's and they're getting baggy. It's great being in shape, but I have twin toddlers at home and can barely afford clothes for them, who are growing bigger as I'm getting smaller. Consignment stores are my saving grace...especially the ones that give you credit for trading in clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!