So happy with this lifestyle

me0231
me0231 Posts: 218 Member
I've only started keto a few weeks ago and I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but this is amazing! Most importantly I feel way better than I have in probably years. I have PCOS and so often I would just feel off in the mornings which I now think was hypoglycemia. Now it's all gone and I sleep way better. I don't feel like I have a ton of energy as some people say but I just feel much better overall.

And I can't believe the stuff I get to eat. I just polished off a plate of scallops cooked in butter with bacon. Last night I had a cheese plate. Amazing. And I lose weight eating that, that really gets me. I've been indoctrinated for 30 years with the 'healthy' eating of this 'no fat, live off salad and baked chicken breast' that sometimes I still have trouble believing that I can lose weight while eating real butter. In fact I lost barely a pound the first week and was a bit panicky reading about the big water loss in the first week, but the second week I lost 6 pounds so I must have to held on to my water really tightly. Lol

I never thought I could skip bread, pasta and chocolate but I haven't craved any of it. I know it's only been a few weeks but man, I love it.

Anyways I just felt like sharing.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Congrats on your success so far! :) It's amazing when you find a woe that works for you, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing. I like the good stories. :)
  • binkviv
    binkviv Posts: 20 Member
    Ss
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Yep, it is a great lifestyle.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    I'm loving it as well. I am having a crab cakes and brussel sprouts with pancetta cooked in kerrygold butter for dinner. Yum!

I don't have any desire to cheat. No bread or pasta cravings at all. When I crave pizza I melt some mozzarella in a pan and top it with pepperoni and it is so satisfying.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    I'm loving it as well. I am having a crab cakes and brussel sprouts with pancetta cooked in kerrygold butter for dinner. Yum!

I don't have any desire to cheat. No bread or pasta cravings at all. When I crave pizza I melt some mozzarella in a pan and top it with pepperoni and it is so satisfying.

I have some crab here, could you share your recipe?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    I love that I get to eat all the stuff I too had left behind years ago. Bacon and eggs for breakfast are so great. Butter sauces rock my world, too. I'm loving every minute of it. Including my fasting, because all this goodness keeps me fueled up so much better.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited October 2017
    Nothing compares to a good keto run. In so many ways both mental and physical, the rewards are front and center.
    In maintenance, I slip in and out of keto and I'm struggling with the adjustment from serious weightloss to something more sustainable and modetate. But every now and then this past year I've put together a good keto run and it feels like a complete 100% battery recharge for my body...in only a few days time! I feel so lucky to have found keto and low carb. It's changed my life profoundly for the better!!!! Yay!
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    I am 5 days into keto and have no desire to eat chocolate anymore it's wonderful. For the first 3 days I was hungry but yesterday my appetite was so diminished that I didn't eat lunch til 3 hours later and almost skipped dinner. My ketone test came to 2.2 yesterday so I am happy to be in the fat burning zone. I am however feeling some weakness when I go for my walks but I know that will pass.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I am 5 days into keto and have no desire to eat chocolate anymore it's wonderful. For the first 3 days I was hungry but yesterday my appetite was so diminished that I didn't eat lunch til 3 hours later and almost skipped dinner. My ketone test came to 2.2 yesterday so I am happy to be in the fat burning zone. I am however feeling some weakness when I go for my walks but I know that will pass.

Get 1000mg sodium about 30 minutes before your walk.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Love this WOE. @retirehappy thank you for the article. :)