New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2017
    Saw this in the vitamin shoppe, looks like they're copying Optimum Nutrition's Cake Bites right down to the flavors! The cashier said they just came in and she said they're even better/sweeter than ON's bites (plus they're 170 calories instead of 220-230) so I'll probably start getting these from now on... I wonder if they'll be a lot smaller though...
    EDIT: I just realized ThinkThin only has two cakes in each package instead of three, no wonder the calories were less! I went into myfitnesspal and took the ON chocolate donut cake bites I had last night and changed it to 42grams to compare to these... same exact calories and same macros!
    ixwxsj2k71l2.jpg

Also noticed this new flavor and couldn't resist! Really hoping all these new flavors are as good as they sound!!!
    zsxd8hsg5tzb.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Saw this in the vitamin shoppe, looks like they're copying Optimum Nutrition's Cake Bites right down to the flavors! The cashier said they just came in and she said they're even better/sweeter than ON's bites (plus they're 170 calories instead of 220-230) so I'll probably start getting these from now on... I wonder if they'll be a lot smaller though...
    EDIT: I just realized ThinkThin only has two cakes in each package instead of three, no wonder the calories were less! I went into myfitnesspal and took the ON chocolate donut cake bites I had last night and changed it to 42grams to compare to these... same exact calories and same macros!
    ixwxsj2k71l2.jpg

Also noticed this new flavor and couldn't resist! Really hoping all these new flavors are as good as they sound!!!
    zsxd8hsg5tzb.jpg

I wonder the talk at these companies "oh _____ company made protein cookies lets do it too".. "Dang did you see think thin stole my mini cake idea and they have the exact same ingredients and macros" etc LOL
  • hgycta
    ixwxsj2k71l2.jpg

zsxd8hsg5tzb.jpg

I wonder the talk at these companies "oh _____ company made protein cookies lets do it too".. "Dang did you see think thin stole my mini cake idea and they have the exact same ingredients and macros" etc LOL

LOL probably! The least they could have done was create a different flavor, I mean really, as much as I adore red velvet and birthday cake stuff it's going to get old if they don't branch out for other flavors. They could've done a coffee flavor, carrot cake, cotton candy, cannoli, ANYTHING else! So many options! At least it'll be easy to compare though, if nothing else.
  • hgycta
    I tried the pumpkin ThinSlim Foods' cloud cakes and thankfully they're a lot better than the cinnamon flavor, the texture is actually like cake and not a sponge. But when it comes to flavor, Smart Cakes is still the clear winner, ThinSlim's version is VERY fake tasting, way too much sugar alcohol used!
    17mdwq7kmfxy.jpg

Also went back to Target for the butter pecan flavored Breyer's Delights since they had 25% off on cartwheel. I'm not impressed, Enlightened's version is way better. The hue is a weird orange and it hardly has any pecans in it. I don't think it tastes fake but it also doesn't have that buttery pecan flavor to it I had hoped for either. Won't buy it again.
    2md8b8rmzd13.jpg
    w3d5l1dtbzjc.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I tried the pumpkin ThinSlim Foods' cloud cakes and thankfully they're a lot better than the cinnamon flavor, the texture is actually like cake and not a sponge. But when it comes to flavor, Smart Cakes is still the clear winner, ThinSlim's version is VERY fake tasting, way too much sugar alcohol used!
    17mdwq7kmfxy.jpg

Also went back to Target for the butter pecan flavored Breyer's Delights since they had 25% off on cartwheel. I'm not impressed, Enlightened's version is way better. The hue is a weird orange and it hardly has any pecans in it. I don't think it tastes fake but it also doesn't have that buttery pecan flavor to it I had hoped for either. Won't buy it again.
    2md8b8rmzd13.jpg
    w3d5l1dtbzjc.jpg

how does this compare to Arctic Zero's version?
  • hgycta
    17mdwq7kmfxy.jpg

2md8b8rmzd13.jpg
    w3d5l1dtbzjc.jpg

how does this compare to Arctic Zero's version?

Does Arctic Zero even sell a butter pecan flavor? Really the only flavor I like by them is the peanut butter chunky pint. Arctic Zero is more icy whereas this one definitely has an ice cream feel to it. So far everything I've tasted (including this) from Breyer's Delights just tastes like healthier lower quality ice cream; it's like buying those "frozen dairy desserts" but it being better for you. If I want premium ice cream that's healthy I get Enlightened (since it's more dense/filling), if I want delicious regular ice cream that's healthy I get Halo Top, but Breyer's is like that "I'm settling for it just because I'm watching my budget" healthier frozen dairy dessert that's like ice cream but legally can't call itself that because of how it's made. If Breyer's Delights was a lot less money than Halo Top or Enlightened I think I'd be more optimistic about this pint, but the quality just isn't there.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Got my Enlightened coupons! Which flavors are the best? I’m not a “light” ice cream eater, and usually have Talenti or Ben and Jerry’s most nights, so my expectations will be tempered
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    Got my Enlightened coupons! Which flavors are the best? I’m not a “light” ice cream eater, and usually have Talenti or Ben and Jerry’s most nights, so my expectations will be tempered

I got mine too I want to try the brownie & cookie dough but cant find it anywhere :( Strawberry cheesecake was pretty good!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »

I got mine too I want to try the brownie & cookie dough but cant find it anywhere :( Strawberry cheesecake was pretty good!

Have only found and tried Cold Brew Coffee, Sea Salt Caramel and Frozen Hot Cocoa. Really liked all of those. I also found pops much easier than pints.
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Halo Top ice cream (oatmeal cookie flavor) and Kodiack pancakes are amazing! Both are packed with protein and have great flavor!

The Oatmeal Cookie flavor is my favorite so far! Will have to try the chocolate banana.
  • hgycta
    edited October 2017

Don't waste your time or money the brownie & cookie dough really isn't all that good :/

The BEST is chocolate peanut butter (not to be confused with the peanut butter chocolate chip, although that one is pretty good too). The next best is cold brew coffee (only if you like coffee). Other excellent choices are oatmeal cookie, black cherry, butter pecan, frozen hot cocoa, and triple chocolate. Really you can't go wrong with any as long as you just strictly avoid piña colada unless you're a fan of sunscreen getting in your mouth and the snickerdoodle is pretty disappointing but not terrible.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member

Don't waste your time or money the brownie & cookie dough really isn't all that good :/

The BEST is chocolate peanut butter (not to be confused with the peanut butter chocolate chip, although that one is pretty good too). The next best is cold brew coffee (only if you like coffee). Other excellent choices are oatmeal cookie, black cherry, butter pecan, frozen hot cocoa, and triple chocolate. Really you can't go wrong with any as long as you just strictly avoid piña colada unless you're a fan of sunscreen getting in your mouth and the snickerdoodle is pretty disappointing but not terrible.

Thanks!

Just stocked up on more Talenti (bought Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, and Cookie Dough, with 4 more pints in the freezer of various flavors) along with a coupon for $3.00 off 3 pints of Talenti to follow, so I won’t be tempted to rush into using my free coupon.

Oh, and if anyone shops Kroger, the Hemisfares Italian Hazelnut Gelato is amazing. So smooth and light coffee undertones, and only 180 Calories a serving.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    yvsbm738dgbw.png

Spotted at Marianos (Kroger) and Jewel Osco. It's chocolate and marshmallow swirled ice-cream with marshmallow pieces.

OMG edy's slow churn has soo many good flavors now!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    17mdwq7kmfxy.jpg

2md8b8rmzd13.jpg
    w3d5l1dtbzjc.jpg

Did you try the cake one?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Limited-Edition-Mystery-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=510%2C600&ssl=1

Any guesses?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited October 2017

Any guesses?

Gosh I hope its cereal milk flavor.
    ETA: My life is over if it is.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

Any guesses?

I actually thought this meant a new flavor was coming but then I saw the packages in Target and now I wanna know if they're all the same flavor or will there be various mystery flavors (cuz I'm extra af like that). (I'm also on tumblr too much.) (Don't judge me.)
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited October 2017
    31ceom1rrhpu.jpg
    PISSED about this package of Enlightened pops. Obviously melted and refrozen. 2 boxes ruined. Probably the supermarket's fault, but I think I am going back to Yasso.