Under 200!

blambo61
blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
Was 199 this morning. Lowest in about 22-years. Started at 256 (male 6' 1/2", 56-yrs old). Used 20:4 IF to lose and 16:8 with low carb lunch for maintenance. Lost most of the weight in the first 5-months, then maintained for about 1-yr & 7-mos. This last month lost 11-lbs. Want to lose about 20 more lbs.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    That's great. Have you gone back to 20:4 to lose that 11 lbs?
  • shoilidk
    shoilidk Posts: 9 Member
    Congratulations!! That's a hugeee achievement :D
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Great work - I got under 200 two years ago but put it back on so now losing again. It sounds like you have maintenance covered though - any tips? :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Congrats Bob. I know how hard you've been working on this and how exciting it is to see that barrier broken down. Great job and good luck with the next 20.
  • blambo61
    craignev wrote: »
    That's great. Have you gone back to 20:4 to lose that 11 lbs?

Yes. I'm not doing splurge days either.
  • blambo61
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Great work - I got under 200 two years ago but put it back on so now losing again. It sounds like you have maintenance covered though - any tips? :)

It is about calories. Fasting is easiest for me. I have to eat a low carb lunch (big salad with protein) and then I can still eat ad libitum in the evenings and I can maintain that ways. If lunch is a free-for-all, I will gain. I have to go to 20:4 to lose weight if I eat ad libitum in the evenings.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!