Niha's OMAD Journal

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sorry about the injury. I hate those. Ice, ice, ice, ibuprofen. Hope you get better soon!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Make sure to let that knee heal up fully before trying anything strenuous on it. Speaking from experience the last thing you want is to rush back into exercise and have a re occurrence. Good luck

Absolutely! Looks like its just a sprained tendon around the knee. The swelling and stiffness is still there but a little bit lesser now. Taking it easy for now. No workout. Just my OMAD. I do have light breakfast to go with my morning dose of meds.

Okay thats cool. I've learned that any minor joint issue has to be given time. Hip, knee, ankle, you think all is well but then start back too soon and suddenly ouch! It's back.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hope it heals fast for you <3o:)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I'm happy it's improving some, and I wish you a speedy recovery!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Great news that it's fairly minor. I second the being careful though - those pesky joint injuries definitely have a way of coming back to bite you if you don't let them heal properly...
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you so much guys. Still dealing with the swelling and stiffness. Unable to take leave from work, although I have a desk job, it still involves moderate walking. I have stopped taking anti-inflammatories and pain killers as they started to show side effects including upset stomach and loose bowels. However, situation is better than earlier, but still needs to improve a lot as I am still unable to flex my knee. Going low carb is helping the inflammation go down a bit. Will keep you all posted. Love you all so much <3
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Have you tried using turmeric or turmeric supplements for the inflammation. I hear it really works.
  • jvcinv
    Good to hear that there is some improvement. It's gonna take time of course.
  • minigrrll
    Awww, sorry to hear you're still having pain. And I second the turmeric - it really does work. I am living proof!! I know within hours if I forget to take it - my hip definitely lets me know!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I find that eating a lot of carbs will make my knees swell and exacerbate my injuries. I am eager to hear how/if you try taking turmeric.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    I find that eating a lot of carbs will make my knees swell and exacerbate my injuries. I am eager to hear how/if you try taking turmeric.

Do you have gout? I had tremendous knee problems last Nov-Dec and gave up all sweets completely (during Christmas) and my knee was better in a week!
  • mikseyniha
    Hi Everyone!
    My knee is a little better now. The swelling has gone down a bit. I am taking Ultracet prescribed by my doc. I am also doing low carb with OMAD which seems to help. I too noticed that my swelling goes up with more carbs. I have also started omega 3 supplements along with 2 tbsp of Flaxseed powder everyday. The water weight has come down with low carbs.
    I also started taking turmeric tea from this morning. Hope it helps. Its just a matter of time and enough rest.
  • Brendalea69
    edited October 2017
    I'm glad your knee is getting better :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Good to hear that your knee is a little better. I'm brewing some turmeric tea right now for mine.
  • mikseyniha
    Hey all! Thank you all for checking on my thread.. It really feels so nice to have people who care for me, although we have never met. God bless you all. I feel blessed to have you all :)

I have good news. Swelling is really going down. All the remedies, including turmeric tea, flax seed powder, omega 3 supplements and going a little low on carbs, are working out. Although I am still on tramadol, i am looking forward to reducing the dose. The weight has finally started to come off, probably with the inflammation
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Awesome, I am glad you are feeling better and the weight is coming off.
  • minigrrll
    Great news!!
  • Brendalea69
    Glad to hear your getting better o:)
  • jvcinv
    Good update Niha, sound like you're getting back on track.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Happy you're getting back to feeling good. You're gonna feel like a new woman, liberated and feeling renewably blessed to have you body back. :)