More than 100 lbs loss in 8 months & 4 days...

Replies

• snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    So inspiring!! Thank you for sharing. You look so happy & healthy!
  • How do u add friends? I'm new & need some uplifting support & inspiring riends.
  • sonarbabe
    sonarbabe Posts: 39 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I am truly impressed. I am no youngster and the challenges in regards to approaching seniorhood feel insurmountable.
    I do not want to be rude but how young are you and what were your challenges?
    Seeing you gave me a shot in the arm!

I turn 44 years old tomorrow. I was between 220 and 260 (averaged 240) for almost 23 years.

I have bad knees (they grind). I had terrible low back pain. Those were my main two challenges to overcome. Dropping the weight has helped both, but my knees are just bad. There are some days better than others of course. My low back pain has improved significantly. There were nights that I couldn't even turn in the bed because it hurt so bad... spasms. Terrible pain. I still might have some issues once in a while, but NOTHING like I used to. I also had started noticing I was wheezing at night when I laid down. Not sick or anything. My weight was the factor as once I lost weight, the wheezing stopped.

Hope this helps.

I am so glad you mentioned this! I just turned 39 and have lost 54 lbs. I have 15 to go to reach my 140 lbs goal, but chronic back pain from multiple injuries and horrible knee pain keeps me from doing a lot of exercises. May I ask how you worked around this problem? Any suggestions would be great!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    WOW!!! You rock!!! So inspirational! I started at 262 and now going into my 4th month, I'm at 220. Still have about 90lbs to go, and this is just so encouraging. You look amazing and not just the outside, but in your smile, you can see the inner happiness as well. Congrats lady...so awesome!!

Thank You!! I am truly happy!! I have changed my entire life. You’ve Got This!! You can do it!!
  • ChelleDee07
    astr323 wrote: »
    your eyes look so bright and clear and beautiful! congratulations on all of your hard work x
    Calyse90 wrote: »
    You go girl!!!! #inspirational # I love your style!!!!
    Incredible transformation! Congratulations

Thank y’all so much!! I feel healthier, happier and much better all around.
  • ChelleDee07
    Are you kidding me?? You look INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you for sharing your story, truly inspiring.

No ma’am... very serious!
  • ChelleDee07
    librarywiz wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing! You're inspirational! I like the photo of you and your beau with your dog at your feet. Cute!
    Thank you! That is why I share my story...if I can inspire others, that’s one of my goals!! Oh and that’s Oliver (Ollie). He is one of my biggest supporters even though he tries to hold my lap down often.
  • ChelleDee07
    How do u add friends? I'm new & need some uplifting support & inspiring riends.

If you’ll click a user name in blue... it comes up with options to message or request friend. HTH

• ChelleDee07
    sonarbabe wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I am truly impressed. I am no youngster and the challenges in regards to approaching seniorhood feel insurmountable.
    I do not want to be rude but how young are you and what were your challenges?
    Seeing you gave me a shot in the arm!

I turn 44 years old tomorrow. I was between 220 and 260 (averaged 240) for almost 23 years.

I have bad knees (they grind). I had terrible low back pain. Those were my main two challenges to overcome. Dropping the weight has helped both, but my knees are just bad. There are some days better than others of course. My low back pain has improved significantly. There were nights that I couldn't even turn in the bed because it hurt so bad... spasms. Terrible pain. I still might have some issues once in a while, but NOTHING like I used to. I also had started noticing I was wheezing at night when I laid down. Not sick or anything. My weight was the factor as once I lost weight, the wheezing stopped.

Hope this helps.

I am so glad you mentioned this! I just turned 39 and have lost 54 lbs. I have 15 to go to reach my 140 lbs goal, but chronic back pain from multiple injuries and horrible knee pain keeps me from doing a lot of exercises. May I ask how you worked around this problem? Any suggestions would be great!

Of course you may. Honestly, I just listened/listen to my body. If something is troublesome, I work around it. You can modify most exercises and my PT is great for helping me with this. Remember you don’t have to be doing high impact to improve your lifestyle. Just move and move often. Walking can do a world of wonder for you. Not just weight, but health in general. Don’t get discouraged. Add stretches into your daily routines! They do help!!
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    You look amazing! I just turned 48 (gasp) LOL :p You are proof that we can be healthy and fit at any age. You have truly inspired me! Thank you for sharing your story! You and your hubby look great on that bike too! B)
  • Julee84
    Julee84 Posts: 15 Member
    You can do it too!! I share this to help inspire and motivate others! I feel better! I am healthier! I am living life and enjoying every day! You can read more about my lifestyle change below as My Fitness Pal shared on their blog. Don't give up! You've Got This!! You CAN do it too!!! I am now in maintenance and doing well. I currently weigh 159 and am working more with strength training.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/southern-mom-went-couch-motorcycle-eight-months/?utm_source=FACEBOOK&utm_medium=FB MyFitnessPal&utm_term=Article&utm_content=Motivation&utm_campaign=20171001

0ywg3sbra1hh.jpg

oe2xdp4007os.jpg

tfhtaa1qxx4e.jpg

6emdgt9wja24.jpg

3kk282sj2ivu.jpg

nu1n5ag23ymq.jpg

So amazing!!! A true inspiration!
  • ChelleDee07
    AidaF430 wrote: »
    You look amazing! I just turned 48 (gasp) LOL :p You are proof that we can be healthy and fit at any age. You have truly inspired me! Thank you for sharing your story! You and your hubby look great on that bike too! B)
    Thank you! I just turned 44 Saturday. Yes, we can do it. You can do it!! This is why I share my story... because others need to see it can be done! No pills, no magic! Just eating right and moving more. You’ve Got This!!
  • ChelleDee07
    edited October 2017
    Julee84 wrote: »
    You can do it too!! I share this to help inspire and motivate others! I feel better! I am healthier! I am living life and enjoying every day! You can read more about my lifestyle change below as My Fitness Pal shared on their blog. Don't give up! You've Got This!! You CAN do it too!!! I am now in maintenance and doing well. I currently weigh 159 and am working more with strength training.

So amazing!!! A true inspiration!

Thank you! I really appreciate that!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration :-) Fantastic accomplishment!!!
  • ChelleDee07
    justlyn wrote: »
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration :-) Fantastic accomplishment!!!
    Thank you ma’am! You can do it!!
  • ChelleDee07
    Just bumping the post to share with others that may be needing the inspiration today.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member

nu1n5ag23ymq.jpg

Congrats! And I love this picture with your dog :)

• ChelleDee07

nu1n5ag23ymq.jpg

Congrats! And I love this picture with your dog :)

Thank you... he is one of our spoiled babies. He has a sister, but she had just moved out of the picture when it was taken.

• Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Way to go!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!