Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »
    Can see your toes in the photo. :D

Grrrrrr....I saw that after I ate my meal...and thought hmmmm....Fred Flinstone feet...Then I thought nahhhh only you see stuff like that.....ummm hmmm thanks a lot Jim! Bwahahaha :D
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I think you are doing a GREAT job, and I love seeing your meals and reading our blog. I just read your story about your son's migraine and your stress about having to leave him. I totally agree that your/our kids come first. However, as I tell my son, remember that you have to take care of yourself so that you will be around to take care of your kids. I also tell him to remember what they say on the airplanes: put your own oxygen mask on first, then help your kids.

You are such a great asset here at OMAD Kat!

• katjustkat
    amflautist wrote: »
    I think you are doing a GREAT job, and I love seeing your meals and reading our blog. I just read your story about your son's migraine and your stress about having to leave him. I totally agree that your/our kids come first. However, as I tell my son, remember that you have to take care of yourself so that you will be around to take care of your kids. I also tell him to remember what they say on the airplanes: put your own oxygen mask on first, then help your kids.

You are such a great asset here at OMAD Kat!

Thank you so much <3 I'm super busy with my daughters wedding coming up on Saturday. Left finding something to wear up to the last minute...ended up walking 13.3 miles today hunting for a dress and they all looked horrible. I've been stress eating and it does not feel good. I will be back on track on Monday...and I can't wait.
    haven't been able to read the boards but I have faith that you all are doing wonderfully. Hugggggs
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Have an awesome time at the wedding!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good luck, we have one coming up in two weeks!
  • katjustkat
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Have an awesome time at the wedding!!
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Good luck, we have one coming up in two weeks!
    Thank you, it was just perfect. 10 people is all I could handle!! Here's a pic of the bride (my daughter) and groom. I took this one myself so the family shots will be in our hands in about a month. Good luck on your family's wedding Bob! 0dubar7z9imv.jpg

Can't wait to get on OMAD tomorrow...I have a feeling it's gonna be a challenge :# Def no weighing in for a while...I just can't bear the thought of it :s
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Gorgeous couple, your daughter is beautiful.
  • blambo61
    Very handsome couple! Congrats
  • minigrrll
    Lovely! Glad it all went to plan and welcome back!!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you all. Yes all went well, they are a sweet couple and they adore each other so that's all a parent can hope for their child. We are besties8iseypb37vom.jpg
    and she lives just 20 minutes away so all is well :)
    Today was a tough OMAD day...just got all of a sudden hungry and stressed and I caved in at 3pm...But that is still within my window but I realllllly prefer to eat exactly at 5pm. I couldn't go out because it was snowing. I did get all my steps in on my treadmill/desk. Still...I don't like that I caved grrrrrrrrr.
    Had salmon, tomatoes, zucchini and squash and not pictured was some mashed potatoes. Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Hope everyone had a fantastic day.
  • blambo61
    Just keep fasting! Just keep fasting!
  • minigrrll
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Just keep fasting! Just keep fasting!

:D
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Best wishes on the nuptials for the young'ens. and P.s. you got this.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Congratulations to the newly weds!!! :)
  • katjustkat
    Thanxxx everyone :) The great thing about OMAD is that you have a fresh start every single day. Yesterday was our 36th anniversary so we had dinner at Olive garden. I didn't take a pic but had the chicken scampi (half), a bread stick and a salad. Feeling a lil hungry already this morning but reminding myself that's it's easier not to eat than to start nibbling. Taking a lil time to get in the natural groove again....looking forward to the 'no thought' rolling along days again. Good day to all :)
  • katjustkat
    edited October 2017
    So...I've been having a hard time. I have not been making it past 3 pm and I'm supposed to eat at 5...No clue why it's so hard. Kind of think it's because I'm home all day and I can feel an instant hunger when I get job related stress. I need to get out more and I'll be ok. I should do well over the weekend because I'm free to fly out of my cage and I don't think about food when I'm out and about. Two good days should get me back on track...Wish me luck :s:# *** Oh I'm incorporating one of Britt's 22 grams of protein shake with my dinner 'hour'...I'm hoping the extra protein keeps me on track the next day :)
  • blambo61
    Protein helps, I think to not get as hungry the next day. A lot of carbs seem to make it worse the next day for me.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good luck :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    if yr still too hungry between 3 and 5 even if you added more protein.....have a coffee with cream or milk.....that should do the trick, it helps me. :):)
  • katjustkat
    Thanks everyone...I think the protein shake yesterday may have helped or...it was because I slept in till after 9am for the first time in decades haha. I was a lil hungry last night, which surprised me, but luckily I never have gotten in the habit of eating after dinner.
    Kitty...I try not to have any caffeine after my morning coffee...even decaf. I'm a very bad sleeper and I wake up all through the night. One time, a while back, I had a teaspoon of coconut oil in the afternoon and I was surprised that it helped.
    I did well today...I'm sure sleeping in and then going on a two hour walk took a nice chunk of time out of the day. Also went to the grocery store to pick up dinner items. I had a big cheeseburger on a ciabatta roll, homemade coleslaw and a bit of baked beans and about 10 grapes for dessert. Really got too full but I wanted my whole OMAD reward lol...I definitely could not fit the protein shake in but the burger hopefully did the trick...I'll try to stay out of the house again tomorrow...preferably in the afternoon. Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday <3
    vh2qcptsefxf.jpg