October 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    @amymoreorless I like playing hooky in order to get lost! It was a nice drop in temps today. Wish it would stay that way around here.

It was 33 degrees on my run this morning.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    I didn't get out last night. I was exhausted. I was at the Dbacks game until about 11 on Monday and didn't get to bed until almost midnight. I usually go to bed at 10. Tonight I am doing weights so my next run will be Saturday for the Hawaiians Love SPAM race. My goal this month is to try and get more workouts in and get my diet under control. I'm struggling y'all.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    4 miles this morning. Still a bit warmer than it should be, but tolerable. Not super fast, but fairly consistent. Day off tomorrow. Chance to hit the gym and work the upper body a bit.

exercise.png
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I want to thank all of you for supporting/tolerating/not glitter bombing me over the last few months of high mileage madness. I appreciate you being part of my crazy running tribe <3

Cannot wait to hear about it. I was looking at pictures earlier and it is beautiful. You are going to kill it!!!
  • Ericsmi
    Ericsmi Posts: 128 Member
    I'm in for 40 miles in 16 runs.
    2 OCT 2.59 mi
    5 OCT 2.82 mi 5.41 mi total
    7 OCT 3.2 mi 8.61 mi total
    9 OCT 2.84 mi 11.45 mi total
    11 OCT 3.21 mi 14.66 mi total
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Ran my last run before I race...unreal. I want to thank all of you for supporting/tolerating/not glitter bombing me over the last few months of high mileage madness. I appreciate you being part of my crazy running tribe <3

Ditto all of this. Everyone on here rocks..... 10 days until my own insanity comes into fulfillment
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @Elise4270 6+ for a marathon is still getting it done... I was with my mom 2 weeks ago when she finished her first in 6:24:32, a marathon finisher is a marathon finisher, it doesn't matter the time, it's still a rare breed who will for for it.... you'll be back there before you know it.

It just really put it all in perspective for me. Just how much endurance and training it takes to accomplish a marathon, or even the half. All I ever want is that sub 2 half, and a 25min 5k. :smiley:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 6+ for a marathon is still getting it done... I was with my mom 2 weeks ago when she finished her first in 6:24:32, a marathon finisher is a marathon finisher, it doesn't matter the time, it's still a rare breed who will for for it.... you'll be back there before you know it.

It just really put it all in perspective for me. Just how much endurance and training it takes to accomplish a marathon, or even the half. All I ever want is that sub 2 half, and a 25min 5k. :smiley:

you'll do it. you've got the drive.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

you'll do it. you've got the drive.

@Elise4270 - We believe in you! :smiley:
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Ran my last run before I race...unreal. I want to thank all of you for supporting/tolerating/not glitter bombing me over the last few months of high mileage madness. I appreciate you being part of my crazy running tribe <3

Ditto all of this. Everyone on here rocks..... 10 days until my own insanity comes into fulfillment

I am really excited to hear about your experience too! You all are very inspiring for us newbies!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    @Elise4270 - that’s the sort of time I’ll be looking at for my marathon next year. But looking at the results from last year in the same race, I’ll be in good company - NOBODY did under 3:15.