Anyone have before and after of a "hanging" tummy?

My stomach is so low. I'm not even that big now but it still hangs low :| Its very irritating because I see people near my size who have larger stomachs even and they dont hang at all.... did anyone have good progress with this to where it lifted as you lost weight?

Replies

• sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    do you have any photos of what your talking about? this was one of my before pics, right after having a child. my stomach wasn't tight at all, and just sagged. i lost 100 lbs in about 8 weeks, and you can check my profile for my after pics ( idid this twice, gained over 100 lbs with pregnancy, and my stomach is not saggy anymore)... but my stomach isn't like very tight, like before i had kids, there is some loose skin there, just not much. way better after losing the weight.

d5ryu3x0jt4o.jpg
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Okay I'll bite. But it might not be what you're looking for. Keep in mind that it is very difficult to share these pictures, but I'd like other people to know what to expect. I was about 320 in the before pictures and now I'm 215. I am 6'1". It took me 14 months to lose 100 pounds. I am still losing weight and doing weight training, so we'll see how my belly changes some more over time. Btw I included a random pic of me from this morning so you can see how I look normally.

Also, PSA: don't do what the previous poster did.

Thank you for sharing these!

<3 Tears for Fears
  • Chrystalcanyon
    Chrystalcanyon Posts: 2 Member
    I too am carrying around a huge hanging tummy. Thank you all for sharing, it makes me think that if I keep up my diet and exercise program, it may get much, much smaller. I am considering surgery once I reach my goal weight. Its THAT bad.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Okay I'll bite. But it might not be what you're looking for. Keep in mind that it is very difficult to share these pictures, but I'd like other people to know what to expect. I was about 320 in the before pictures and now I'm 215. I am 6'1". It took me 14 months to lose 100 pounds. I am still losing weight and doing weight training, so we'll see how my belly changes some more over time. Btw I included a random pic of me from this morning so you can see how I look normally.

This! I had a bit of a sag before I got pregnant, and I was overweight even then. I gained 80 lbs during pregnancy, carried low, and most of the weight was in my belly and thighs (my tummy was huuuuge - doc was convinced of a 10lb baby in there). Now, it hangs much like this. I hate it, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for sharing these. Shame keeps my tummy under wraps except for 1 recent pic I keep as a reminder to keep going. :heart:
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    I think weight training helps,there was an old thread on here titled tummy apron ( i think) with many before and after photos of that hanging tummy area below the belly button. Most of the ladies who showed a difference in that area credited heavy lifting.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I think it all has to do with how you carry your weight, plus some after-effects of pregnancy. Some people just don't carry weight in their lower tummy, but may carry it up higher around their middle. On the plus side, it's generally considered a better fat distribution for a woman to carry her weight lower than as an 'apple' around the middle.

I have the mummy tummy pudge. I just blame my babies. And maybe cookie butter. Even if I lost it all, I'd still have loose skin and a bit of a lopsided look to it because of how I was put back together after my second c-section (thanks, Dr!) Nothing but surgery would fix that.
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Getting my stomach flat took till about the end of my weight loss goal (50-60lbs). Weight lifting and cardio together were really big for me, but the stomach being the last weight to go and first to arrive is just in my genes.

You look stunning!!! How did you do it?

• seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member

This! I had a bit of a sag before I got pregnant, and I was overweight even then. I gained 80 lbs during pregnancy, carried low, and most of the weight was in my belly and thighs (my tummy was huuuuge - doc was convinced of a 10lb baby in there). Now, it hangs much like this. I hate it, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for sharing these. Shame keeps my tummy under wraps except for 1 recent pic I keep as a reminder to keep going. :heart:

Me too!!! ^^^^^ I was overweight before getting pregnant with twins and spent the last 8 weeks of pregnancy in the hospital. I was huge. Then after they were born I proceeded to gain back up to delivery weight. I am about 1/2 way to goal and noticed my stomach hangs pretty low like in the pics above. I just took new pics this morning so I am going to compare but I think it almost looks worse than when I started.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Getting my stomach flat took till about the end of my weight loss goal (50-60lbs). Weight lifting and cardio together were really big for me, but the stomach being the last weight to go and first to arrive is just in my genes.

OH MY GOSH!! YOU. LOOK. FAB!!!!!!! :#
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    yes, i did that twice! after having a baby and exclusively breastfeeding, while cutting my calories to exactly 1000 per day, and using the elliptical at least 4 hours per day. the weight just fell off :) this pic above was actually about half way in. i was 260 when i had my first two babies :) feel free to add me, i have some after pics on my profile.

I don't want to derail, but why would you do this if you were breastfeeding?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member

Your progress is amazing altho ur stomach didnt hang lol BUT I still think you did fantastic work!!